Tell how u lost ur money.

kmm

1.Fear is the emotion which compelled me to book profits early on many stocks .and regret to see the stocks zoom up double triple ....in a few months.And fear of lost capital on stocks going down made me cling on the stocks .... which further went down.Looking back at stocks bought five years back, if I had held on without trading the money would have quadrupled!!So long term investment pays..
But the trading itch / fear / greed does not permit me to hold on to the profit making stock.Instead I sell and move on to another stock.
2.No stops used.Medium term stops even when reached,ego does not permit to cut short losses.And the cycle continues.
3.Initial years of losses in trying out different strategies is the learning fee..
4.trading plans not made.Even if worked out , not following it..ie while in a good trade come out too soon..and then realise the mistake.
The lessons have to be learnt by every trader!!

Kavima

i bought rnrl at 82 then avarage it at 75. and it went to 62 then sold it when it came to 70.
i traded with call options of nifty and waited till last day of expiry. and didnt sell them on time. and it went zero.
i bought ansal at 77 watching zee news malamaal.
tata steel call options i didnt seel at profit so when the price went down i was in loss. i sold hcc at 128 when the market scared and went to 4550. never get a chance to buy it back. i sold sail at 190 that i bought at 170 and it surged up to 230 recently. i bought raj oil at 75 and stop loss triggered at 62. and didnt buy it back. so i have been a sore looser in the market though my porfolio manager tips gave me nice advice to compansate the losses.
its like i get high|(like drinking wine) when i make the profit and take extra risk on profit. that i will stop for now. two thumps up:clap:

hi all, I am trading for last 3 years now and member of this site from last two years i guess ,but never posted anything although i read lots on this site. My case is curious case (as per me) , i started trading in stocks but never made enough money thanks to sharekhan brokerage . It was 10 paisa ,so after 4 months of starting of trading , I switched to futures and i was making money dramatically. I started with 40K ,everything was rosy till one fine day I shorted Unitech and kept this position open and as luck would have it market gapped up and lost 16k in half an hour of market open. I haven't seen market gap up like that since I started trading . It was exactly firstday of my trading after my marriage. Then I was forced to keep quite for a month because of my broker's folly . I did'nt have online fund transfer facility and they knew very little English. Anticipating European markets I damned myself to hell. Everytime I lost money ,it was owing to Europe. Because I am quite disciplined with stop losses and most of time I scalp . I trade with pivot and pivot numbers . I have developed quite an observing mind and know few stocks' behaviour .My favourite are Dlf and Tatamotors. What I learnt from experience is that pros trade different from retailors. And never anticipate things in advance looking at european futures or asian markets just study nifty and stocks and you 'll be better off . One more thing ,never trade scrips like Renuka :) They are suicidal ...............

I lost money in stock options but not Index options .So I refrain from trading them exclusively . May be my mentality doesn't suit with them. Nifty is the most liquid option one wishes to trade but one has got to study market and do your calculations . One can easily day trade nifty with multiple contracts.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
I first started 3 years back with infoline/IIFL in equties daytrading, lost all in 4 months, then opened account with RKG and started playing nifty options and lost more money than in IIFL account, then shifted to zerodha playing same nifty options, here I lost more than IIFL + RKG accounts combined, not cutting losses early was the reason, then forced to hibernate from share markets due to capital issues after 30 months of madness..........

But now m back again.................