The Crash( 17.5.2006) and FII activities since then

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkjha30

nkpanjiyar said:
oops marathon reading Pankaj. Hey I am in the same boat, Pankaj. Till volatility exits I am here to post crazy. After that I will hibernate. Bear me too guys.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar
Sorry nkp
Repitition from my earlier posts. wandering here and there. But what to do. I am crazy like you. :D :D

Regards
Pankaj :)

karthikmarar

Pankaj

The idea was not to question your postings. Your posting are excellent. My only apprehension was that the bearish sentiment was being overplayed a bit.

Would love to BEAR with you my friend, not only now but also after the market sentiment turns better.

Pankaj and NK, No hibernation Please Keep Posting . You Guys are doing a fantastic job.

Warm regards

Karthik

pankaj ji, your info is really valuable. this sell/buy figure of FIIs will give us some corealtion of the way market moves, because of the sheer volume of trade done by them.so please don't fade away in the background.maybe we can rename the thread as FII trends and continue with your posts. keep it up
ravi

Hello all,

one of the reason for FII selling is the fear of further hike in interest rates in the US.
A BLOOMBERG survey yesterday shows 56% of the analysts feel another quarter
% hike in rates in June end. So hedge funds are pulling out their funds from emerging markets.
Last week against contionous FII selling Indian MFs bought heavily giving support. Otherwise more crash would have happen.But how long can the MFs keep buying against the Global trend?

pkjha30

rheinu said:
Hello all,

one of the reason for FII selling is the fear of further hike in interest rates in the US.
A BLOOMBERG survey yesterday shows 56% of the analysts feel another quarter
% hike in rates in June end. So hedge funds are pulling out their funds from emerging markets.
Last week against contionous FII selling Indian MFs bought heavily giving support. Otherwise more crash would have happen.But how long can the MFs keep buying against the Global trend?
Hi rheinu

You are pointing out correctly one of the many reasons for which FIIs sold.
How the interest rates affect us in the long run is to be seen.
If FIIs calculate that emerging market will provide better and relatively risk free growth(political or otherwise) and retun on capital then they will not keep selling.

It only shows our dependence on the Capital inflow from FIIs.

If Market depth increases it will gain more depth and less prone to sudden volatile spasms. Its like this in the middle of deep ocean height of tsunami wave is only few centimeters but as it approaches shallow waters it looses its speed and height of waves increase causing much destruction.

If world economy is affected by economic cataclaysm then only depth of our
market and economic growth will save it. Remember We are second populated country , having all resources and unending supply of talent pool. If ASEAN countries and India + China combine together then it will become world's lagest market place fuelling growth. We can grow in our own right without much dependence on western countries. They are afterall saturated economies. Hence the fear of meltdown for India may not be correct unless
of course we fail to address the inequity and financial/developmental issues.

Yet the power of FII is undisputable and it has been shown many times. The question is Though India is growing, will they kill the golden goose.

karthikmarar said:
Pankaj

The idea was not to question your postings. Your posting are excellent. My only apprehension was that the bearish sentiment was being overplayed a bit.

Would love to BEAR with you my friend, not only now but also after the market sentiment turns better.

Pankaj and NK, No hibernation Please Keep Posting . You Guys are doing a fantastic job.

Warm regards

Karthik
Too kind words my friend. Thanks for motivation.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar

pkjha30

indiabulls said:
is it a post or a newspaper?

vikas
It all depends on your perspective and how you are benefitted.?

nkpanjiyar said:
What you want lemon or lemonade .Take it as appropriate.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar
Well Said NKP. You , karthik and others are kind enough to encourage and motivate others including me.

Thanks a lot.

karthik said:

Pankaj and NK, No hibernation Please… Keep Posting . You Guys are doing a fantastic job.

Warm regards
Thanks Karthik. To BEAR and not To BEER

:D

Warm Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Equities 21