Thoughts on Day/Swing Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleOne

EagleOne, Google is realtime with no delays and is quite fast as many of the data providers. But the challenge is, we get only the spot values. That is the reason I subscribe to paid data feeds. Particularly this month there are many days the discount in futures is varying a lot, hence some setups might be triggered in spot, but not in futures and vice versa. Curious to know if you know any method to get Future values in google :)

If you have Amibroker 5.x that would work with most of the data providers. You can get 3 - 4 days demo from almost all data feed providers.
Thanks for the reply, gunsho bro. Much obliged. Will do the needful. Yes, I am aware of the fact the google feed is as good as others. But only for spot prices not the futures.
Sunny cool sent me Ami 5.30 cracked version. I will give it a go with data feed from next week on shorter TFs. Although he also sent me a free tick data feeder, but the problem remains same. It doesn't provide BN Futures data. And as we all know, the real malai in any index trading on shorter TF or sideways conditions is in taking advantage of premium differences that contracts and expands.

Thanks again, bro. :)

Sorry, forgot your query: No, I couldn't find anyway to get futures values out of google feed. Tried all known symbols and their variations etc. but no. If you ever find a way, let me be the first to know, please! :)

Last edited:
Thanks ST for the explanation. I think i first need to go through pivot theory by Saint or if you have explained in some other thread, which Iam trying to search on the thread and then my questions will be much relevant. Just assuming pivot is the high/ low created by scrip which remains in place for sometime and then gets taken out.

Regards,
Merchant
Hi ST sir,

I did read few posts from page 1,but I feel i still lack knowledge of Pivots, I did go through teach a man to fish, but there are no charts to relate to. Kindly let me know which threads to refer to as you have said in first few pages that the strategy in full will not be discussed as they are discussed in some other threads.

Regards,
Merchant

VWAP worked very well today in Bank nifty fut where the difference went from 80 points to as high as 130-135 points....Nifty Fut and VWAP diff was not much...so not a strong indication...today was a day of BNF shorts getting squeezed out of shape........

Smart_trade

Hi ST sir,

I did read few posts from page 1,but I feel i still lack knowledge of Pivots, I did go through teach a man to fish, but there are no charts to relate to. Kindly let me know which threads to refer to as you have said in first few pages that the strategy in full will not be discussed as they are discussed in some other threads.

Regards,
Merchant
There is a Teach a man ......pdf which few members have prepared and it has charts saves properly....

ST

hello ST da

I used your TDST AFL with vwap .but due to my hard disk crash now i lost both afl ........ Today i got TDST Afl but unable to get VWAP afl ( created by murrty sir probably ) if you or anybody have Vwap afl please share it ......

Regards
themarketkid:)

_SECTION_BEGIN("VWAP");
/*
Coded by Murthy
*/

TimeFrameSet( in1Minute);
BarsToday = 1 + BarsSince( Day() != Ref(Day(), -1));
StBar = ValueWhen(TimeNum() == 091500, BarIndex());
CumVol = Sum(V,BarsToday);
IIf (BarIndex() >= StBar, VWAP = Sum (C * V, BarsToday ) / CumVol,0);
TimeFrameRestore();

ExcessPrice=C-VWAP;
Plot(ExcessPrice,"C-VWAP: ",colorDarkBlue,styleHistogram|styleThick);

Plot(35,"",colorRed,styleLine);
Plot(-35,"",colorGreen,styleLine);
Plot(0,"",colorBlue,styleLine|styleNoLabel);

GfxSetTextColor(colorGreen);
GfxTextOut("Close : " + NumToStr( C, format = 1.2) ,0,20);
GfxTextOut("VWAP: " + NumToStr( VWAP, format = 1.2),0,40);
_SECTION_END();

This AFL is coded by Murthy...

Smart_trade

kk82

Hi smart_trade

For the past few months , i have been going through this thread whenever time permitted..I would like thank you for all the selfless service that you have been doing..God bless you and your family in abundance!

I am not sure if this has been posted before..Could you pls give me the link to the post where the TDST AFL has been posted..Thank you once again..
Kiran

TDST AFL

_SECTION_BEGIN("Price");
SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
_N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) ) ));
Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor("Color", colorBlack ), styleNoTitle | ParamStyle("Style") | GetPriceStyle() );
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("Price");
_N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) ) ));
Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor("Color", colorBlack ), styleNoTitle | ParamStyle("Style") | GetPriceStyle() );
ToolTip = "Open = " + O + "\nHigh = " + H + "\nLow = " + L + "\nClose = " + C;

_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("TD Systems");
// Parameters
ShowNumbers= ParamToggle("Show 1-8 Numbers","No|Yes", 1);
ShowTDPoints = ParamToggle("Show TD Points", "No|Yes", 1);
ShowTDST = ParamToggle("Show TD Setup Trend", "No|Yes", 1);
tdstsa = 0;
tdstba = 0;
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//********************************************** TD Points********************************************************************/
function TD_Supply()
{
return ( H > Ref(H, 1) AND H > Ref(H, -1) AND H > Ref(C, -2));
}
function TD_Demand()
{
return ( L < Ref(L, 1) AND L < Ref(L, -1) AND L < Ref(C, -2));
}
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// *********************************************** TD Sequential************************************************************/
// *** Setup Buy Signal ***
//nine consecutive days closes less than the close four days earlier
Con = C < Ref( C, -4);
Buy9Bars = BarsSince(BarsSince(Con));
Buy9Signal = Buy9Bars == 9;

// *** Requirements ***
//The first day of the nine-day must be preceded by a close day immediately before it that is greater than OR equal to the Close four days earlier
Con = Ref(C, -9) >= Ref(C, -13);
Buy9Req = Buy9Signal AND Con;

// *** Intersection ***
// the high of either day 8 or day 9 is greater than or equal to the low three,four, five, six, OR seven days earlier
Con1 = (H >= Ref(L, -3)) OR ( Ref(H, -1) >= Ref(L, -3));
Con2 = (H >= Ref(L, -4)) OR ( Ref(H, -1) >= Ref(L, -4));
Con3 = (H >= Ref(L, -5)) OR ( Ref(H, -1) >= Ref(L, -5));
Con4 = (H >= Ref(L, -6)) OR ( Ref(H, -1) >= Ref(L, -6));
Con5 = (H >= Ref(L, -7)) OR ( Ref(H, -1) >= Ref(L, -7));

Buy9Intr = Buy9Req AND (Con1 OR Con2 OR Con3 OR Con4 OR Con5);
// *** Setup Sell Signal ***
//nine consecutive days closes greater than the Close four days earlier.
Con = C > Ref( C, -4);
Sell9Bars = BarsSince(BarsSince(Con));
Sell9Signal = Sell9Bars == 9;

// *** Requirements ***
//The first day of the nine-day must be preceded by a Close day immediately before it that is less than the Close four days earlier
Con = Ref(C, -9) < Ref(C, -13);
Sell9Req = Sell9Signal AND Con;

// *** Intersection ***
//the low of either day 8 or day 9 is less than or equal to the high three,four, five, six, OR seven days earlier
Con1 = (L <= Ref(H, -3)) OR ( Ref(L, -1) <= Ref(H, -3));
Con2 = (L <= Ref(H, -4)) OR ( Ref(L, -1) <= Ref(H, -4));
Con3 = (L <= Ref(H, -5)) OR ( Ref(L, -1) <= Ref(H, -5));
Con4 = (L <= Ref(H, -6)) OR ( Ref(L, -1) <= Ref(H, -6));
Con5 = (L <= Ref(H, -7)) OR ( Ref(L, -1) <= Ref(H, -7));

Sell9Intr = Sell9Req AND (Con1 OR Con2 OR Con3 OR Con4 OR Con5);
if(StrToNum(NumToStr(Buy9Intr))) Sell9Intr = False;
if(StrToNum(NumToStr(Sell9Intr))) Buy9Intr = False;
BuySignal = Flip(Buy9Intr, Sell9Intr);
// *** Buy Countdown ***
//With respect to a pending Buy Signal, the close must be less than the low two days earlier
Con = C < Ref(L, -2);
Buy13Count = Sum(Con AND BuySignal, BarsSince(Buy9Intr));
Buy13Signal = Buy13Count == 13;

// *** Sell Countdown ***
//with respect to a pending Sell Signal, the Close must be greater than the High two trading days earlier.
Con = C > Ref(H, -2);
Sell13Count = Sum(Con AND NOT BuySignal, BarsSince(Sell9Intr));
Sell13Signal = Sell13Count == 13;
//*********************************************** TD Sequential Plotting area *************************************************/
Plot(C, "", IIf(O>=C, colorRed, colorGreen), styleBar);
PlotShapes(IIf(Buy9Intr OR Sell9Intr, shapeDigit9, shapeNone),colorBlue, 0, H,
20);
if(ShowNumbers)
PlotShapes(IIf(Buy9Bars==1, shapeDigit1,
IIf(Buy9Bars==2, shapeDigit2,
IIf(Buy9Bars==3, shapeDigit3,
IIf(Buy9Bars==4, shapeDigit4,
IIf(Buy9Bars==5, shapeDigit5,
IIf(Buy9Bars==6, shapeDigit6,
IIf(Buy9Bars==7, shapeDigit7,
IIf(Buy9Bars==8, shapeDigit8,
IIf(Buy9Bars >9, shapeStar,shapeNone))))))))),colorGreen, 0, H, H*.0015);
if(ShowNumbers)
PlotShapes(
IIf(Sell9Bars==1, shapeDigit1,
IIf(Sell9Bars==2, shapeDigit2,
IIf(Sell9Bars==3, shapeDigit3,
IIf(Sell9Bars==4, shapeDigit4,
IIf(Sell9Bars==5, shapeDigit5,
IIf(Sell9Bars==6, shapeDigit6,
IIf(Sell9Bars==7, shapeDigit7,
IIf(Sell9Bars==8, shapeDigit8,
IIf(sell9bars>9, shapeStar,shapeNone))))))))),colorRed, 0, H, H*.0015);

Sell = Sell13Signal AND NOT BuySignal;
Buy = Buy13Signal AND BuySignal;
Sell = ExRem(Sell, Buy);
Buy = ExRem(Buy, Sell);
PlotShapes(Sell*shapeDownArrow, colorYellow, 0, H, -H*.001);
PlotShapes(Buy*shapeUpArrow, colorBrightGreen, 0, L, -L*.001);

if(StrToNum(NumToStr(BuySignal)))
bgColor = ColorRGB(0,66, 2);
else
bgColor = ColorRGB(66,2, 0);
//*********************************************** TD Points Plotting area *************************************************/
if(ShowTDPoints)
{
PlotShapes(TD_Supply()*shapeSmallCircle, colorRed, 0, H, H*.001);
PlotShapes(TD_Demand()*shapeSmallCircle, colorGreen, 0, L, -L*.001);
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
y0 = StrToNum(NumToStr(ValueWhen(TD_Demand(), L)));
x = LineArray(0, y0, (BarCount-1), y0);
Plot(x, "", colorGold, styleDashed);
y0 = StrToNum(NumToStr(ValueWhen(TD_Supply(), H)));
x = LineArray(0, y0, (BarCount-1), y0);
Plot(x, "", colorGold, styleDashed);
}
//*********************************************** TDST Plotting area *************************************************/
// ---------------->>>> Code from Dave <<<---------------------- //
if(ShowTDST)
{
tdstba =Cum(0);
tdstb = Null;
HHV9 = HHV(H,9);
for (i = 0; i < 10; i++) tdstba = Null;

for( i = 10; i < BarCount; i++ )
{
if (Buy9Bars == 9)
{
HHV_b = HHV9;
if (HHV_b > C[i-9])
tdstb = HHV_b;
else tdstb = C[i-9];

for (j = 0; j < 9; j++ )
tdstba[i-j] = tdstb;
}
else tdstba = tdstb;
}

tdstsa =Cum(0);
tdsts = Null;
LLV9 = LLV(L,9);
for (i = 0; i < 10; i++) tdstsa = Null;

for( i = 10; i < BarCount; i++ )
{
if (Sell9Bars == 9)
{
LLV_b = LLV9;
if (LLV_b < C[i-9])
tdsts = LLV_b;
else tdsts = C[i-9];

for (j = 0; j < 9; j++ )
tdstsa[i-j] = tdsts;
}
else tdstsa = tdsts;
}
Plot(tdstba, "TDSTb", colorBlue,styleStaircase | styleThick|styleDots);
Plot(tdstsa, "TDSTs", colorRed,styleStaircase | styleThick|styleDots);

}
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("Price");
_SECTION_END();

Status
Not open for further replies.