Thoughts on Day/Swing Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
VWAP working out well today.

ST
Yes. I didn't think it would, given the negative sentiment. Thank God I got out of my puts early :). No loss, but no profit today, even though I saw the opportunity coming :( :mad:

Thrust ...sideways....thrust

Markets very rarely go straight up or down....but the trend manifests itself in sequence of Thurst,Sideways,Thurst . The sideways hase after the thrust is necessary as the weak holders book profits,scalpers book profits, strong holders buy more,and then comes a breakout from sideways movement.

In todays Nifty Futures there are 4 such sideways zones marked...market brokeout each zone with a strong thrusting bar to continue its uptrend. Thrusting bars are like a rocket launcher which launches the rocket into the new orbit and in strong trend , it will not come back into the orbit ( sideways zone ) once it leaves it.....once we understand that , the rest is easy...:) We can use this behaviour of the market to time our entries, trail stops, adds....

Smart_trade

Thrust ...sideways....thrust

Markets very rarely go straight up or down....but the trend manifests itself in sequence of Thurst,Sideways,Thurst . The sideways hase after the thrust is necessary as the weak holders book profits,scalpers book profits, strong holders buy more,and then comes a breakout from sideways movement.

In todays Nifty Futures there are 4 such sideways zones marked...market brokeout each zone with a strong thrusting bar to continue its uptrend. Thrusting bars are like a rocket launcher which launches the rocket into the new orbit and in strong trend , it will not come back into the orbit ( sideways zone ) once it leaves it.....once we understand that , the rest is easy...:) We can use this behaviour of the market to time our entries, trail stops, adds....

Smart_trade
Hi ST Sir..... This is the kind of movement I was referring earlier in the Thread when I was talking in relation to Gaps (If my memory serves me well).....

Although you have marked 4 sideways movement.... However, the common factor that I have noticed is just the one which you marked as "3"..... I have been trying to capitalize on such moves, but have never been successful.... And for the next couple of months I just plan to trade these kind of moves.... (These kind of days can be anticipated in advance with a fair amount of accuracy :)).....

One should also read this post by ST Sir where he gives some pointers on how to identify a trending day.... :)

Thank you ST Sir!!!!! :)

ST, requesting your comments in "Bollingerbands" threads about the ATP/VWAP and LTP difference. Post Nos. 2071 to 2073.
Checked that post....that post and few nearby posts need some reading...so will do it after the market time.:)

ST

Status
Not open for further replies.