Trade Smart Online

Hi TradeSmartOnline

Do you provide margin for intraday trading in NSE Stocks and Futures, based on the equity holdings that are lying in the DP Account for long term investment? Some brokers like zerodha does not seem to offer that, until and unless we first move our stocks to their Pledge Account, as mentioned in this link - http://zerodha.com/z-connect/tradez...ents/online-pledging-of-stocks-for-trading-fo

The problem with this method is that it will take a few days time to pledge and un-pledge the stocks, and we cannot sell them, without first un-pledging them. Therefor it increases the risk.

What process do you follow in this regards, if I open my Trading and Demat Account with you ? Please explain.

Thanks and regards
Hello TradeOptions
Apologies for the delay. However, here's our answer.

For margin against shares you'll have to pledge the stocks from our backoffice Box.

We are working on a solution where you do not necessarily need to unpledge the stock in order to sell them. So all you'll need to do is just pledge the stocks and in case you wish to sell them you can sell too. We'll directly do the payin of those stocks then.

Please let us know in case you have any further questions.

Hello timepass
Just wanted to update you, we are working on increasing the intraday equities exposure. Should be done in 10-15 days from now.
Thanks. I was about to send you a reminder about it :)

Any progress on stock futures ?

lvgandhi

Is there any policy change in nest trader password change? Now it is not asking after15 days.

Hello timepass
Just wanted to update you, we are working on increasing the intraday equities exposure. Should be done in 10-15 days from now.
As an example, look at the margin requirement below. The trader defines a risk of Rs. 3000 (Buy at 146.95, stoploss 144, quantity 1000), but it requires a margin of Rs. 9000. My point is, even in the instance of a black swan event, a maximum of double the risk i.e. Rs. 6000 will cover it.

Your system, at present, assumes a stoploss of Rs. 140.18 by default. I don't understand the logic of it. It is about 5% which is way above a day trader's tolerance.

After all, BO is a day trader's instrument only.

As an example, look at the margin requirement below. The trader defines a risk of Rs. 3000 (Buy at 146.95, stoploss 144, quantity 1000), but it requires a margin of Rs. 9000. My point is, even in the instance of a black swan event, a maximum of double the risk i.e. Rs. 6000 will cover it.

Your system, at present, assumes a stoploss of Rs. 140.18 by default. I don't understand the logic of it. It is about 5% which is way above a day trader's tolerance.

After all, BO is a day trader's instrument only.
Hello timepass
Thanks for sharing the example. We'll look into the same.

the nest(WEB) logs you out within 10-15 min if inactive.. it is such a hassle to login so many times during market hours.. plz sort this out..
Hi kentuky3
On our new mobile app Sine the idle timeout is much longer as mobile is much more personal. Web versions are used on shared computers too so not sure if it'd be a good idea to increase the idle timeout on the same for security reasons.

However, if other users also feel that the time should be increased we'd be happy to take a look at it.