• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apurv7164

Thanks Apurv.

I think call on Apollo tyres was much better. DLF made me wait 3-4 days. Whereas, Apollo made me wait 10 minutes. I prefer the latter. :)

Tc
Very true, but for me your DLF call is better...

Reasons -

you anticipated breakout earlier. We can only follow the move... that is where this is applicable - "Never try to predict the move just follow it"...
As per all theories and studies nobody can judge move in advance and that was the case with DLF. I don't think we had any indicator or method saying getting into it right away. All were saying keep close watch...

I think this is where experience plays wider role than studies. Something like education vs work-ex....

SwingKing

Reversing positions - Nifty View

Well, I have been bearish for 2 months now expecting the Nifty to slide to 5100 levels. Last two days, our team has sat down and dismantled what is happening underneath our markets. We have reached a conclusion that we are amidst a market which is extremely strong. Hence, on Monday we will be reversing our stand on Nifty.

The Nifty could go into corrective phase (5300, 5200,5100 or 4900) this month or next month, but we have decided to be long in the markets with active risk management. During past two months, some of the stock futures deals have worked very well for us. This is primarily why, despite of carrying short positions on Index, we have managed to be deep in the green overall.

At present we are going to position ourselves as being conservatively bullish on the market and will structure our investments around this.

Tc

Last edited:
Hai Rounakji. Please help me. From 1year i am trying to learn about stock market about basics, how to trade, trading strategy etc. but I realise that I am still there only where I was 1year ago. Please help me from where to start taking into consideration that I am a novice.
Please Reply.

SwingKing

Hai Rounakji. Please help me. From 1year i am trying to learn about stock market about basics, how to trade, trading strategy etc. but I realise that I am still there only where I was 1year ago. Please help me from where to start taking into consideration that I am a novice.
Please Reply.
Dear,

Trading from 3-10 day perspective - Go through this thread.
For Equities and Investment - Go to "Stock to keep close eye on -II" thread by Savant and Anant
For Day Trading - Go to Columbus thread on Bollinger Bands or Praveen Taneja's thread
For Options related trading - Go to AW10's thread in Futures and options segment.
For general trade queries - Go to AW10's "Come into Trader's Den" thread or Rajputz thread in Introduction segment.

Following this, you will cover everything in your trading domain. Slowly start reading through these threads and in some time to come you will find yourself profitable.

Tc

Last edited: