• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

saivenkat

Re: Ranbaxy -taking position

Wait for consolidation to happen in Ranbaxy. Its undergoing a trend change kind of scenario. Need to see if this move is genuine.

Tc
On daily charts i think Ranbaxy has given a break out, above 466, Raunak, is it advisable to go long in it at the CMP.

Secondly if it so, can we take positions in cash, of the above said stock.

Regards
Saivenkat:)

SwingKing

Re: Ranbaxy -taking position

On daily charts i think Ranbaxy has given a break out, above 466, Raunak, is it advisable to go long in it at the CMP.

Secondly if it so, can we take positions in cash, of the above said stock.

Regards
Saivenkat:)
Sai,

Breakout is quite visible.

But do you know in today's markets, only 4 out of 10 breakouts are successful. Why trade such a low winning probability setup. I am aggressive, but I need to see where I get aggressive. For me, this is not yet a buy. It may well rally and I may be wrong. But in my books, there is a lot more than breakout I look for while taking trades.

Tc

SwingKing

Stock Futures good for Trading

Apollo Tyres
Educomp Solutions
Grasim
HDIL
HPCL
ICSA
IDEA
IndiaBulls Real Est
Indian Bank
Jain Irrigation
Mcleod Russel
Onmobile
Piramal Health Care
Reliance Comm
Reliance Media Works
Sesa Goa
Shre Renuka Sugars
Sterlite Industries
Triveni
TV18
Unitech

Please decide the direction of the trade.

In between I will be posting the direction of the trades.

Tc

SwingKing

Buy Reliance Media @213.

Will be posting SL in live sessions.

These trades would require continuous monitoring as we could reverse positions and go short.

Tc

Last edited:

rrmhatre72

Reversing positions - Nifty View

Well, I have been bearish for 2 months now expecting the Nifty to slide to 5100 levels. Last two days, our team has sat down and dismantled what is happening underneath our markets. We have reached a conclusion that we are amidst a market which is extremely strong. Hence, on Monday we will be reversing our stand on Nifty.

The Nifty could go into corrective phase (5300, 5200,5100 or 4900) this month or next month, but we have decided to be long in the markets with active risk management. During past two months, some of the stock futures deals have worked very well for us. This is primarily why, despite of carrying short positions on Index, we have managed to be deep in the green overall.

At present we are going to position ourselves as being conservatively bullish on the market and will structure our investments around this.

Tc
Hi Raunak,

Thanks for your inputs.
I am bearish on market.
My current position is OCT NF sold @5540
This is protected with Sept 5400CE buy @125.

Suppose if I have to turn the position to bullish side what is the most effective way to turn the position.

I am asking this from learning prospective based on your post above.

SwingKing

Hi Raunak,

Thanks for your inputs.
I am bearish on market.
My current position is OCT NF sold @5540
This is protected with Sept 5400CE buy @125.

Suppose if I have to turn the position to bullish side what is the most effective way to turn the position.

I am asking this from learning prospective based on your post above.
Rrmhatre,

Options trading is not my forte. But still, I'll suggest you what I know.

You are currently on profits on both deals. What I'll suggest is squaring off Oct NF with current profit and squaring off Sept CE with profit. Finally, re - entering the markets when recent high is taken out with futures. This way you would book profits and also execute a deal in future only if markets show you strength.

Simple but effective.

Tc

rrmhatre72

Rrmhatre,

Options trading is not my forte. But still, I'll suggest you what I know.

You are currently on profits on both deals. What I'll suggest is squaring off Oct NF with current profit and squaring off Sept CE with profit. Finally, re - entering the markets when recent high is taken out with futures. This way you would book profits and also execute a deal in future only if markets show you strength.

Simple but effective.

Tc
Thanks Raunak,

Just want to understand concept of reversing our stance from bearish to bullish or vice versa.
Normally, is it done by booking loss on perticular trade?
As indicated by you, your Index shorts were hedged with stock long hence net position was in positive. Now when you are reversing your stance, you will be booking loss in your Index position.
Am I understanding it correctly?