• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alroyraj

Dear Alroyraj and Sai,

3 or 5 min are time frames I don't even look into. Sadly, I am not blessed with that kind of patience. But in my opinion, combination of 5 min or 6 min with 30 min as reference frame should do well. Also dont be afraid to experiment the 10 min and 30 min time frame. Some of my intraday traders have told me this works good.

Tc
Actually neither am I. I prefer usually 2 min TF. But on some days,it is easier to spot the congestion on 3 min TF. I cannot figure anything beyond the 5 min TF. Though I have seen it to be fairly useful. I try to take what the micro move gives and exit when it weakens.

blackberry

raunakji, sorry for putting this question in this thread,Please tell me about how to look at open interest increase/decrease.The OI decreased in aug series of welcorp while increased in sept series.

Last edited:

SwingKing

raunakji, sorry for putting this question in this thread,Please tell me about how to look at open interest increase/decrease.The OI decreased in aug series of welcorp while increased in sept series.
Will write a post on how to interpret it dear. And the question is completely valid. You dont have to feel sorry about anything. Its a good question.

Tc

Raunak Bhai long time I have been busy sorting out my businesses here no touch of the market. Market is doing really well however the international market is in a pathetic shape. How are you doing hope all is well at your end! I have to admit I was wrong that Nifty will not touch 5500 it has touched almost 5550 not sure how much higher it can go now. Still completely out had bought KS Oils and a few tyre shares and gave decent money. Now again on side lines.

MurAtt

OI decrease could be because of expiry. Positions have to be squared off .. esp the ones which are OTM coz margin is stuck and hopefully they have achieved what the writer wanted.

So take out margin from current series and put it back in next series .. so the Sept series has now increased OI.

This is general to all stocks and index CEs/CAs/PEs/PAs.

wrt depicting OI increase/decrease and taking a market call on the basis of OI .. would req u to visit AW10s thread on options, Tracking Smart Money using Options OI by myself (now abandoned - not getting time :()

Hope this helps ... next chapter when u read the specified threads and Raunak updates ...

Raunak Bhai long time I have been busy sorting out my businesses here no touch of the market. Market is doing really well however the international market is in a pathetic shape. How are you doing hope all is well at your end! I have to admit I was wrong that Nifty will not touch 5500 it has touched almost 5550 not sure how much higher it can go now. Still completely out had bought KS Oils and a few tyre shares and gave decent money. Now again on side lines.
Welcome back Nimish. Hope you update your thread "mother of all....". Looking forward to it.

Happy Trading!

SwingKing

Hey Nimish,

Everything is absolutely fine.

Good to have you back.

Tc

PGDIMES

Shorted Nifty for Swing Trade @5495. This is a stop and reverse kind of trade. So could be reversing it today itself. Be alert.

Tc
Long on NF @ 5470...Target 5520;)...Would exit below 5450...BTW what's ur target & SL, Raunakji?