Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingKing

Raunak ji, sometimes spot price is more and future price is less or vice versa,what does it indicates in both cases.
In more complex terms I could write a detailed post about why this happens. But I feel that will only confuse you. In much simpler terms, this happens near expiry and also when roll over's are taking place. If you are trading Futures, just trade that. Don't bother about spot. The movement of futures is what will give you profits.

There have been lot of research papers written on whether futures prices have predictive powers within them. And the findings are that future prices (whether in risk or premium do not have predictive power).

As traders, we don't need to bother ourselves with this. Just trade the price. Go with the flow.

Tc

PGDIMES

Hi Raunakji,

Is it a good time to enter DLF Sept futures today @ 318?

SwingKing

There is a very high probability that tomorrow could be a trending day for the markets (up or down) provided markets do not do anything funny in the last hour of trade today. As of now swing shorts remain open on Nifty and BankNifty. Need to see how things shape up tomorrow.

Tc

saivenkat

There is a very high probability that tomorrow could be a trending day for the markets (up or down) provided markets do not do anything funny in the last hour of trade today. As of now swing shorts remain open on Nifty and BankNifty. Need to see how things shape up tomorrow.

Tc
Just a little bit of ripple created around 2.45.. may some bulk selling could have come and lead nifty to 5458 levels, though for all technical reasons 5460 is broken, i feel that it is still stable.

Raunak, On what basis you measured up tomorrow's mkt, as a trending day.. Can you please share here..

Saivenkat:)

S

SwingKing

Just a little bit of ripple created around 2.45.. may some bulk selling could have come and lead nifty to 5458 levels, though for all technical reasons 5460 is broken, i feel that it is still stable.

Raunak, On what basis you measured up tomorrow's mkt, as a trending day.. Can you please share here..

Saivenkat:)

S
Let's wait till tomorrow. If am right, I will definitely share it.

Tc