Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apurv7164

@Raunak/Apurv AND other members of the thread ...

Comments pls .....
SMbhai - how r u? How is ramzan going? Kabhi hame invite karo iftari ke liye...

My opinion on Mphasis which purely based on ADX (I usually trade with this single indicator only). Kindly look at attached chart and explaination for better explaination of my style of trading.

1> Take a note of Peak A on price and peak A’ on +DMI
2> Now compare bottom formed at X and peak X’ with the A and A’ – it tells me –DMI did not have power to go beyond last peak formed by +DMI which is A’. So bears are still struggling
3> Now compare peak formed right after X which is peak Y on price chart and peak on + DMI, those also could not go beyond A and A’ as well as Y’ could not go beyond X’ telling me that now bulls making attempt but even they don’t have power to win the battle.
4> Again bears attacking with more power at bottom B on price and –DMI peak at B’. Here they had more power to win battle against bulls of Y and Y’ because B’ –DMI peak is higher than Y’ +DMI peak but still B’ –DMI struggled to go beyond A’ + DMI peak which is the starting of consolidation peak.
5> Now comes bulls again making stroke – I wud declare them as winner only if price breaks out with the +DMI peak higher than the strongest –DMI peak which B’. For more conservative approach I wud also like bulls to have more power than when they had at peak A and A’.

As per my style I wud keep close watch on this rather than directly getting into it.

Bests,
Apurv

Last edited:

SwingKing

My opinion on Mphasis which purely based on ADX (I usually trade with this single indicator only). Kindly look at attached chart and explaination for better explaination of my style of trading.

1> Take a note of Peak A on price and peak A on +DMI
2> Now compare bottom formed at X and peak X with the A and A it tells me DMI did not have power to go beyond last peak formed by +DMI which is A. So bears are still struggling
3> Now compare peak formed right after X which is peak Y on price chart and peak on + DMI, those also could not go beyond A and A as well as Y could not go beyond X telling me that now bulls making attempt but even they dont have power to win the battle.
4> Again bears attacking with more power at bottom B on price and DMI peak at B. Here they had more power to win battle against bulls of Y and Y because B DMI peak is higher than Y +DMI peak but still B DMI struggled to go beyond A + DMI peak which is the starting of consolidation peak.
5> Now comes bulls again making stroke I wud declare them as winner only if price breaks out with the +DMI peak higher than the strongest DMI peak which B. For more conservative approach I wud also like bulls to have more power than when they had at peak A and A.

As per my style I wud keep close watch on this rather than directly getting into it.

Bests,
Apurv
Apurv,

No offence to the technique you use (based on ADX).

But whatever you explained, applies directly to price. And hence price can essentially convey the same information in a much more concise manner.

Tc

Apurv7164

Apurv,

No offence to the technique you use (based on ADX).

But whatever you explained, applies directly to price. And hence price can essentially convey the same information in a much more concise manner.

Tc
Very true sirji, for this particular setup. I agree but sometimes I personally fail in getting insight without ADX especially when price has broken out from consolidation or previous peak or bottom. May be I m lacking in interpreting price movements bar by bar or candle by candle.

Btw, any thoughts on ACC and TVS Srichakra?

SwingKing

Sirji Your calls are very accurate. But what impresses me most is your ability to say which day is going to be trending day. Have found very few people having the ability to predict this nature of market.

Hats off to you. Earned a lot today.

Thank you.
Adi,

Sometimes we are right .. sometimes wrong. That's all.

Regarding trending days ... To some extent, we can now comfortably predict which day is going to be trending. With some surety I can now say this phenomenon is not random. :)

Tc

Apurv7164

Adi,

Sometimes we are right .. sometimes wrong. That's all.

Regarding trending days ... To some extent, we can now comfortably predict which day is going to be trending. With some surety I can now say this phenomenon is not random. :)

Tc
Sirji, you said u will explain why u were expecting trending day if that happens to be true and now it apparently true so please explain us.... I wud love to learn on tht...

MurAtt

1> Take a note of Peak A on price and peak A on +DMI
2> Now compare bottom formed at X and peak X with the A and A it tells me DMI did not have power to go beyond last peak formed by +DMI which is A. So bears are still struggling
3> Now compare peak formed right after X which is peak Y on price chart and peak on + DMI, those also could not go beyond A and A as well as Y could not go beyond X telling me that now bulls making attempt but even they dont have power to win the battle.
4> Again bears attacking with more power at bottom B on price and DMI peak at B. Here they had more power to win battle against bulls of Y and Y because B DMI peak is higher than Y +DMI peak but still B DMI struggled to go beyond A + DMI peak which is the starting of consolidation peak.
5> Now comes bulls again making stroke I wud declare them as winner only if price breaks out with the +DMI peak higher than the strongest DMI peak which B. For more conservative approach I wud also like bulls to have more power than when they had at peak A and A.

Bests,
Apurv
@Apurv,

Kabhi bhi aa sakte ho .. anytime ... BUT I know that you are not in Kolkata (nor India, nor is raunak and other members of this thread from Kolkata) .. so never put up an invite. he he ....

Not getting into BUT hold or exit option. I got into it at 574. 630-636 was resistance so thought of getting out BUT chart showed breakout .. so enquired.

Anyways exited today at 629. Will keep watch for re-entry again at 600-610 levels where it has support. Next supports at 590 and then 570 levels.

SwingKing

PS : whatever happened to your KSOILS entry ...you never did tell us !!
What KSOILS ?

Firstly, If you are talking about some trade I took, and did not update it, then I think it would have hit profit of 4% or loss of 4%. What's there in telling that? Numerous number of times I have said that I operate on 1:1 risk reward with 3-4% as SL and profit target. Majority of members here know this. As far as i remember, in a discussion with SM I did mention that KSOILS was in neutral zone and not in a buying zone. Beyond that I don't think I remember much.

Secondly, if this is about how I pick stocks, then the one one who follows this thread, knows how I pick stocks. I suggest you go back and read these 107 pages. You will find your answer! I work on subjectivity and screen time. Not on some systems. Hence, putting that subjectivity in words is not possible. Even if that is possible, I would only give limited information. I dont believe in spoon feeding traders. I believe in Educating them. Spoon feeding only leads to losses while education leads to profits. Whenever I write, I give enough clues for the prudent trader to catch. This is how one can grow. Hope you know that !!

Lastly, I am a positional Bull now and Swing bear (I switched my stance from being a positional bear to a positional bull). And that switch was based on some fundamental reasons. These two are different and try and see the words Positional and Swing before you think I have gone from Bull to bear in two days. My style of working is to be positional and to be swing all the time. Ultimately, its what you generate in profits.

Enough Said!

Tc

Last edited: