• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingKing

Hi Raunak,

Nothing to hide. I am still learning trading methodology & psychology.
Traderji has various techniques. I am studding some of them. I am yet to decide which will suit best to me.

But mostly I will planning trading on two fronts
1. Intraday
2. positional trade (Ready to hold upto one month also if potentials are good)

Currently i am not going into stocks & dealing with Nifty only till I gain confidence on one of the technique.

At this moment I am having positional trade of NF short @5490 qty 2lots.
I am already gaining `85points/lot. I feel potential to gain at least ~80 to 100points more. But as you always say "Market is king" hence have money management & risk management plan.

Now I am not sure what stoploss to put in this case.

Also advice for Intraday.
I prefer to trade in Options for Intraday.
Will 1:1 Risk reward ratio works fine for intraday?
RRM,

You probably did not follow what I wanted to convey.

You said you have this position in markets. But you did not mention based on which methodology you have taken this position. Every methodology has a different SL technique. It cannot be same for every strategy.

Tc

SwingKing

Those who are expecting markets to go down, should be prepared to be patient. Same applies for those who are long. Our stand remains the same, we are swing short on the market and positional long. Our positional long time frame stands to 1 year as of now and swing short time frame is variable.

Short time down side seems to be around the corner. However, timing the markets is something which is so difficult. Don't expect markets to go down in a straight line. Retracements till 5500 - 5600 are always possible. If one cannot manage risk via futures, then accumulating put options is not a bad idea. Volatility is still low and options are not that expensive.

Tc

SwingKing

75% shorts of Nifty squared off today at 5362.

Waiting for next move.

Booking profits as markets have moved down 3% in very short time. Will enter shorts again as and when opportunity presents itself. Bias is still negative. Have left just 25% positions on the table just in case markets fall further.

Tc

Last edited:
Hi Rounak ji,
Want to know how you Exit..On today's your exit of nifty (5362) as i noticed there were two points 1st at 12.20 Doji after Red bar Grazing the BB and next at 12.40 when stoch in neutral out of oversold Zone and gimmy bar given buy signal at BB... 5 MinChart.
Also Pl explain Entry point/Strategy of entering Short of above position.
feel sorry i sudenly jumped in...
Suresh.