Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Raunak,

I observed a pattern in Nifty over the last one year that every upmove is followed by a fall of 76.4% and every downmove is followed by a raise of 123.6% . This was recurring for the last 4 cycles.

Based on that, I wrote 2 lots each of Sep 5200CA and Oct 5000CA

I documented the details in the following thread but somehow could not attract the attention of the seniors. Will you please have a look and comment?

Regards
Sesha

http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/44057-will-history-repeat-nifty-touch-4965-a.html

SwingKing

Raunak,

I observed a pattern in Nifty over the last one year that every upmove is followed by a fall of 76.4% and every downmove is followed by a raise of 123.6% . This was recurring for the last 4 cycles.

Based on that, I wrote 2 lots each of Sep 5200CA and Oct 5000CA

I documented the details in the following thread but somehow could not attract the attention of the seniors. Will you please have a look and comment?

Regards
Sesha

http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/44057-will-history-repeat-nifty-touch-4965-a.html
Ksesha,

A very well researched piece of document. Whether this will materialize or not, that only time will tell. My advise to you is to not argue with the markets. Always go with the flow. Our analysis is mere mortal. Markets are the King !!

Tc

rrmhatre72

Ksesha,

A very well researched piece of document. Whether this will materialize or not, that only time will tell. My advise to you is to not argue with the markets. Always go with the flow. Our analysis is mere mortal. Markets are the King !!

Tc
Hi Raunak,

Ksesha has already taken position based on his analysis.
How risk management should be planned in this case?
Just wanted to know your views on this aspect

SwingKing

Hi Raunak,

Ksesha has already taken position based on his analysis.
How risk management should be planned in this case?
Just wanted to know your views on this aspect
While projecting uptrend target, Ksesha has had a maximum positive deviation of 1.3%. He has given target of 5546. So take a 1.3% deviation from the high as stop loss. This way you would get a 1.3 to 4.5 risk to reward ratio.

My emphasis is always to Keep it simple.

Tc

SwingKing

Just posting a screen shot of Nifty.

For Nifty to go into corrective mode, Nifty will have to break zones of A, B and C. For the shorter term A and B remain important. I have entered Swing short positions today and would reverse it when the flow changes.

Whatever happens with the Nifty, our goal is to always remain on the correct side of the market. Be alert as sessions forward will be good for intra day traders.

Tc

TimeFrameSet(inWeekly);
Plot(StochK(8,3),"Stochastic %K(8,3) Weekly ",colorRed,styleLine);
Plot(StochD(8,3,3),"Stochastic %D(8,3,3) Weekly",colorBlue,styleLine);
TimeFrameRestore();

Store this code in a separate AFL file and save it as stochastic weekly in indicator folder ... then simply add this indicator as well as the normal indicator ... here u go both daily n weekly stochastic at the same time ...
Dear Raunak,

A few questions :

1. Which is best setting to be used for Stoch for EOD & for intraday? 8,3,3 or 14,3,3 or anyother?

2. How do I to have both the stochastic windows (one for Hourly time frame and other for daily time frame) on the same time. Can you give me the code?

3. Similarly for the intraday trading purpose I would like to see both 15 mins stoch as well as hourly stoch at the same time. Can you give me the code for hourly stoch plz??

Regards,

Abhinay

SwingKing

Dear Raunak,

A few questions :

1. Which is best setting to be used for Stoch for EOD & for intraday? 8,3,3 or 14,3,3 or anyother?

2. How do I to have both the stochastic windows (one for Hourly time frame and other for daily time frame) on the same time. Can you give me the code?

3. Similarly for the intraday trading purpose I would like to see both 15 mins stoch as well as hourly stoch at the same time. Can you give me the code for hourly stoch plz??

Regards,

Abhinay
Abhinay,

1. There is no universal setting for stochastic. Hence, you need to see what suites you. In my opinion for shorter frames 15,3 does well and for daily and weekly 9,3 does well.

2. If you want stochastic on daily frame, then select it from the indicator panel. Furthermore, store the above mentioned code as stochastic_hourly.afl in your indicator folder of amibroker. Then from your indicator list you can select Stochastic_Hourly and put it in another window. This way you will get Daily stochastic and hourly stochastic in same view.

TimeFrameSet(inHourly);
Plot(StochK(15,3),"Stochastic %K(15,3) Hourly ",colorRed,styleLine);
Plot(StochD(15,3,3),"Stochastic %D(15,3,3) Hourly",colorBlue,styleLine);
TimeFrameRestore();

3. For 15 minute, this is the code. Save it as Stochastic_15 under indicators.

TimeFrameSet(in15Minute);
Plot(StochK(15,3),"Stochastic %K(15,3) 15 Minute ",colorRed,styleLine);
Plot(StochD(15,3,3),"Stochastic %D(15,3,3) 15 Minute",colorBlue,styleLine);
TimeFrameRestore();

Tc