• February 27th 2011

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have written code by myself using AFL to have 13 DMI and 8 ADX of 13 DMI. If you want I can give u that code but u will have to wait lil for that. I am not having AmiBroker with me right now.... I can give post it in the evening (my eve) which is ur tomorrow morning...
I am interested in your modded ADX, I would await for you to share it at your convenience.

Thanks

Apurv7164

Banking sector is not even 10% today of what it is going to be in future. There is just huge huge potential in coming years. It's a buy at every dip (correction).

Tc
I can vouch for it... I have seen banking industry all over the world and ours has long way to go and we are on right track with the required pace... I m heavily bullish on it... however, I m almost liquid and sitting with cash these days...

I dont mind buying at higher level if market suprise us by showing strength...

rajeabc

Hi Raj,

Targets are almost 10fold.
I don't mind investing for 3years but would like to know your analysis about growth in these companies.

For Ganesh Poly , business model is very good. getting raw material almost free (PET waste) . Now expanding in south India .
http://www.ganeshpolytex.in/research_report_on_gpl.html

for confidence petro -there is a nice presentation on scribd at location.
do you own research on this . I invested in this last year when it was trading @3-3.5 . It was in a range for almost a years but has given breakout now.

Link

Please do your own research before you invest.

I believe you can make money only in penny stocks. Otherwise trade .

SwingKing

Investment Portfolio

Starting an Investment Portfolio

Since January - February 2010, we have been working constantly towards developing an "Investment" oriented Technical Model. After 7 months of rigorous back testing across several asset classes and several International markets, we have finally finished the development phase. The results were very encouraging and we have decided to replace this model with our current one. Currently, the model is being documented and we wish to take the model live from January 2011. Meanwhile, Since this model will be in use from 2011, I would be posting investment related stocks starting from this Monday based on this model.

Time frame of Investment

This can range from anything from a 3 month period to a 5 year period. In most cases, it is going to be long term bets. Please remember, we are going to Invest in stocks. We are not going to trade them.

What about drawdowns

Since this model is Investment based, we do witness large drawdowns. Sometimes, drawdowns go up to 20%. I know this is too much, but the results we have got are simply worth taking this risk. After all, there is no reward if there is no risk. When markets correct, we could see stocks falling to 20-30%. Even in that scenario, if our investments still remain a buy, we will be holding our positions.

What type of Assets do we invest in

Absolutely everything and anything that moves. Be it stocks, etf's, mutual funds or commodities.

What about Penny stocks

List of stocks posted here could be penny stocks as well. Currently we are not separating penny stocks from rest. This is something we will be doing by December 2010. Whichever stocks are traded in NSE, results for those shortlisted will be posted. Hence please watch out for Penny stocks or operator driven stocks.

Mode of Posting

I would be posting trades on Google documents. Will be leaving a link of the sheet. Whenever the sheet is updated, I will notify all of you by posting a message here. Google sheet will be updated automatically and hence tracking it will be more easy.

What about exits and stop losses

Will be updated in the sheet

Why not a new thread

If results are encouraging, then I will shift these trades to a separate new thread.

Finally .. What about returns

This is something we all will witness over time. If results are good, then I will keep posting it. If results are bad, we will go back to finding improvements. Since this is investment based model, I will give this model enough time to work. Need to be patient.

Tc

Last edited:

SwingKing

Raunak Bhai need your views on VLS Finance. Its a NBFC and recently the stock price doubled and now it has corrected a bit and looking good for another upmove.
Nimish I don't know whether this is a penny stock.

But this stock is a strong buy. Buying on corrections too. One problem with this stock is that many times it has moved up and fallen soon. This time it may be the case too. But still dont think what might happen.

This is a strong buy as of now. Make sure volumes are good.

Tc

Hi all,

I have read allmost all the technical anaysis and backtested that too, but at the end i would like to say one thing.. that no technical is giving satisfactory profits... if anyone is there in this community who can challenge and getting regular profits, i would like to have chat with him.

waiting for reply....

Ravinder Singh

nimish_rulz

VLS Finance - Is Going Down To 11-16 Levels, It Is Abundantly Clear From The Charts, I Guess Job Well Executed By The Operators.

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde
I get the same feeling from he chart hence posted the question here to you guys who are experts to give your opinion too. The reason it moved so strongly is the same as other NBFC's. Many thanks. P/E is not bad either.