• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nimish_rulz

Nimish and to others,

Please address me as Raunak. It's an humble Request.

Now Nimish, coming back to your query.

I will certainly back test your system. But you need to know what I judge a system on. I don't want to disappoint you with my comments later on. I dont pay much emphasis on profitability. There is a vast difference between profitable systems and good systems. A good system has to be profitable, but a profitable system is not necessarily good. For me, the main criteria is Draw downs (in trade and end of day), profit factor, number of winning trades, time spent in markets and risk to reward. Apart from all these, I also give importance to equity curve, MAE and MFE.

So, if you need an honest analysis, I will help you with it. If you want, I can also suggest you with some improvements if the need be.

Tc
Sure sirji it works for me. And it would be great if you can help me improve it. I am going to email you on your gmail account as thats the only email address of yours I have. Many thanks once again.

Hello raunakagarwal Sir,
Thank you for starting this thread....it is very useful for new-comers and students like me...
m here to learn technical analysis ...
I do have some basic knowledge abt it ...
and hav few questions....
it wud be gr8 if you hepl me out with it ...

is this a wedge formation or a decending triangle...
or a small decending triangle in wedge formation..
and can two patterns form together..

saivenkat

Raunak Bhai need your views on VLS Finance. Its a NBFC and recently the stock price doubled and now it has corrected a bit and looking good for another upmove.
Nimish sir, its in upfreeze mode!

Nimish and Raunak sir/s,
Any other midcap stocks that you would like to recommend for an investment period of 6 months to one year? Please suggest.

Saivenkat

nimish_rulz

Nimish sir, its in upfreeze mode!

Nimish and Raunak sir/s,
Any other midcap stocks that you would like to recommend for an investment period of 6 months to one year? Please suggest.

Saivenkat
I am no expert. Raunak Bhai is the king I am very new to trading and very young in this business only seen the bull move from march 2009 until now :p No bear phase seen yet. But there are some stocks with good value for 6 months period try and look for agriculture related stocks even the fertilizer sector. The demand in emerging economies is going up the food consumption in the world is reaching sky high. With the ever increasing population and improving welfare this shortage will keep growing. Next 10 years will be boom period for rural sector. Look at meat products, coffee, wheat etc all hitting life time highs. This is my view also aviation sector around the world is rebounding so Kingfisher spice Jet should do well too.

I also believe KS Oil is a good investment at this level because India is the biggest importer of edible oil and the demand for edible oil is going up and KS Oil should definitely see the profit margins increase.

Punj Lloyd may also be the dark horse. Will try to look for other good stocks too and will put it here right now not in touch with the market that much. Taking it easy.

Good luck trading.