• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingKing

Dear Apurv,

I have twice asked this same question to Raunak a few days back, in this same thread i think, to which he told for swing trade it okay to have, but not for short/long term investment.
In next few days we could know whether ACC is worth for investment too. It could run away from these levels this month. Some of the cement names are moving well. need to watch this space closely.

Tc

Apurv7164

In next few days we could know whether ACC is worth for investment too. It could run away from these levels this month. Some of the cement names are moving well. need to watch this space closely.

Tc
Amen.... if that happens I wud seriously think about getting married to ADX... lolz... off lately i got profound results with it... my success to failure ratio is improving with it....

SwingKing

Investment Portfolio

Guys, in the below mentioned link, there is a spreadsheet linked. That contains list of stocks which are worth investing till they show sign of not moving forward. Since we are just seeing the real time results, it would be strongly advisable not to buy any stock based on this list. Let us see how this goes. The sheet has two pages, one is the fresh buy column and the second one contains list of stocks which had given buy earlier but still look good to move forward.

In this list, A category stocks are highlighted in green and Z category stocks in orange. Personally, I would never ever invest in a Z category stock. Stay with the 'A' list always. Since we have not separated the A category from the Z category in our database, we are posting results for both. Also, some stocks may be low volume, operator driven stocks. At present we are posting results for all stocks. By December 2010 we will be separating stocks based on various criteria.

The current price column contains the last trade price of the stock. Anyone who knows how to link the price to NSE website or google finance page can volunteer to code the current price column. That way, the sheet would be updated real time. Else, every week I will get one of my guys to do it. If anyone is willing to do that, then just post here and I will PM the password to the volunteer.

Please Read this before beginning to follow this document.

Link for the document is Here.

Tc
Portfolio sheet has now been updated and can be tracked in real time.

Tc

Apurv7164

60 min chart of federal bank with very low ADX suggesting one side move either side.... waiting for direction with the confirmation on DMIs... thought pleasE?

Bests,
Apurv

Last edited:

saivenkat

With what reason can one attribute to, the todays up move in market?

1) Is it due to the US job report?

2) Is it a bear trap to trap innocent investors built by heavy weights?

3) Is it Short covering or creation of fresh longs?

4) Or nothing in the above, as on expected lines only?

Will some one educate this?

Thanks a lot. Happy trading

Saivenkat

SwingKing

Sai,

I have replied in the quoted text itself.

Tc

With what reason can one attribute to, the todays up move in market?

1) Is it due to the US job report?

Neither it ever was, nor it will ever be. What has US jobs got to do with Indian Economy? Yes we do get temporary gyrations. But long term price structure has no relevance with US jobs

2) Is it a bear trap to trap innocent investors built by heavy weights?

Trap is created by innocent investors themselves. No one can trap anyone. Do they make one trade at gun point? The problem is, innocent investor speculates a lot. He does not think of investing. All he wants is short term quick gains.

3) Is it Short covering or creation of fresh longs?

Till the price structure suggests, it is better not to argue with the markets. One can trade with the markets and with opinions. Balance is required though. In some posts earlier, I have replied to Rrmhatre about how to trade with markets and how to trade with opinions.

4) Or nothing in the above, as on expected lines only?

To expect is to commit the biggest mistake.

SwingKing

Below is a snapshot showing that the fresh buy list on the investment sheet has actually been executed. In evening, I will write a post on how to start with investments of Rs 10,000 in a stock and how to scale in when the positions start to profit.

Bluestar and JPAssociat were already present in the shown snapshot. Also 'Z' category stocks have not been bought. I had mentioned earlier, that I never buy Z category stocks.

Tc