• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MurAtt

Note:- Lost hope in investment after burning my fingers in Sathyam, Teledata

What are the odds of this happening again to you. Satyam I agree was a shock for many. But how often does this happen? You can't draw inferences based on some trades. Furthermore, one year like 2008 will sway your faith away from trading. So many traders in that year swore never to trade again. Hence, its a double edged sword dear. Ultimately you need to know what works for you.
My inv portfolio crashed more than 50% during the 2008 crash from NF 6300+.
Now at 5600 it is more than double from Mar 2009 NF 2300 !!!!!

Long Term rocks .. always .. no better return than LT investing ...

SwingKing

Just an off topic note,

If someone wants real entertainment on how markets work, then do listen to Mr. Ashu Dutt (a.k.a Indian Warren Buffet) of ET now. His explanations and interpretations are just out of this World. How can ET now put this man on their prime time show. Most of my thread participants can interpret things much more better than what he does.

There was a time when this guy used to say "Technical don't work". And today, he only talks about technicals. The irony is, the principle he highlights are available no where in print. His own "theories" I suppose. Absolutely hilarious.

Tc

vinst

Just an off topic note,

If someone wants real entertainment on how markets work, then do listen to Mr. Ashu Dutt (a.k.a Indian Warren Buffet) of ET now. His explanations and interpretations are just out of this World. How can ET now put this man on their prime time show. Most of my thread participants can interpret things much more better than what he does.

There was a time when this guy used to say "Technical don't work". And today, he only talks about technicals. The irony is, the principle he highlights are available no where in print. His own "theories" I suppose. Absolutely hilarious.

Tc

Ashu Dutt and several others used to be sideshows on CNBC-TV18. When financial channels increased in numbers, sideshow people were poached and given prime spaces on ET now as well as Bloomberg UTV. These 2 channels are now manned by these 'sidies'. Of course, it must e granted that people can evolve with time. NDTV profit is one consistent channel, like brittania!

rrmhatre72

According to recent report FII have largely exited investments in small caps and have focussed on the larger caps. Hence many are available still at attractive prices. For a long time now the action has shifted to small and midcap. Any correction will have a small blip but the targeted returns are potentially higher.
Since brokerage is a percentage it will not matter either ways. For starters you can look at returns for 3-6 months. Short term calls are less riskier than trying to do intraday and you can get better returns.
Hi,

I don't mind locking money for 10years also if potentials are high. Hence I was attracted by the investment strategy suggested by Raunak where he expect more than 100% returns in 3years.
Till now I am investing in large caps only & seen good returns but definately not 100% in three years. So tempted to try out his logic of investing with the stock suggested by him excluding Z category stocks from his list.
Perhaps I may wait for couple of month to check if market is coming down or start immeditely with lower value lot size.

SwingKing

Raunak Ji , How to or where to find the Roll Over data.What is the importance of this.Is it available on NSE website, where
You will have to re-direct this question to someone who knows this dear. I have no idea where we can see this real time. I directly see this through what CNBC reports. Perhaps SM can guide you with this.

Tc

SwingKing

Wockhardt is approaching the 20% mark from our buy level. Time for 2nd fill when it gets there.

MVL, Sreinfra, Venus Remedies and Guj fluoro chem are approaching 10% mark from our buy level. Time for first fill when it gets there.

Investment Sheet

Tc

Last edited:

jagankris

Raunak Ji , How to or where to find the Roll Over data.What is the importance of this.Is it available on NSE website, where
Raunakji and experts ,

Also please enlighten us on the following

How to do a roll over analysis ?
ie how to interpret if a stock is rolling over on the long or short side ?

I see technical analysts saying that 85% of rollover is completed etc.

Is there any direct relationship between Open interest build up vs delivery qty ?

Relationship between intraday cash volume vs Future volumes ratio etc.

Which determines the Intraday trend Future volume or the cash volume ?

Intraday Futures OI change vs Intraday PCR ratio etc.

How to interpret FII statistics on Futures/OPtions/Delivery.

Thanks a ton in advance.

-JK