• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VJAY

Dear Raunak sir,
Please give some more info ( :)....you are giving us suffecient but yeh dil maange more)...
about your entries....still some thing missing to me...after selecting scrips..next day what are the creteria you are looking to enter....also about stoploss...when we decide at eod..how we handle when scrip going to close too low from our s/l point?eg...today BGR when I closed it arround 790-791...or we took it as one loss trading ...

Apurv7164

Markets don't turn upside down in one day Apurv. So there is no need to panic. If and when that has to happen, we will get plenty of time to exit everything. Why bother till then? Isn't it? :)

I agree... and it reminded me one statement of Dr Charles... Market rarely goes in opposite direction without giving u chances and signals to squeeze ur position... if it goes, then comes back at least once to give u chance to exit at moderate loss...

If profits are embraced with zeal, then why should one dislike losses.

Wow... impressive statement by Dr. Raunak???!!!

Tc
Too good... these are the well known facts but words of people like u who are all respected for the knowledge and skills, help a lot in maintaining confidence...

gauharjk

I had 1 lot (500) TCS @ 974. Booked loss today @ 965.

Then bought Century Textiles (1 lot 500) @ 542.50 for intraday...

But it crashed to 530 in OCT Futures. The chart of Century Textiles looked very good. It has had a good run in the last few trading sessions. But in the last 1 hour, there was panic selloff in many stocks. Hopefully, it will recover in a few days as operators tend to inflate indices before major IPOs (Coal India) so that market sentiment remains good and the issue gets fully subscribed.

Last edited:

gauharjk

Was there any particular reason you bought Century at the resistance level??
In the last few trading sessions, there has been excellent volumes in Century Textiles. The general trend is upwards.

It made a high of 552 in OCT10 Futures. I figured I could squeeze 10 Rupees from it in a day. I wasn't really taking a positional call... just a day-trade.

SwingKing

Dear Raunak sir,
Please give some more info ( :)....you are giving us suffecient but yeh dil maange more)...
about your entries....still some thing missing to me...after selecting scrips..next day what are the creteria you are looking to enter....also about stoploss...when we decide at eod..how we handle when scrip going to close too low from our s/l point?eg...today BGR when I closed it arround 790-791...or we took it as one loss trading ...
VJAY,

I will post more charts on weekend so that you can understand better. Unfortunately there is no mechanical system regarding this. Its about seeing how relatively the stock is behaving. Methodology that we are trying to learn here is of trend following. Essentially we will have many losses like BGR energy which range from 5000 - 10000 in Rupee terms. But eventually, we will catch a pretty big trend which will take care of all the losses plus will give us the desired profit. Its about patience, its about controlling your emotions and its definitely about trade management. Our aim is to minimize the losses and not get trapped into a catastrophic loss.

As far as close being low from our SL is concerned, that is not that common. For Eg. If we exit 10 trades based on SL, then 3 out of 10 will be far from our initial SL. This is just a part of trading and nothing can be done about it. But, lets say our SL is 100 and the stock is continuously trading at 97-98, which is about 2% from our SL, then in that case we would exit immediately. So the threshold you are looking for is that of 1 - 2%. If a stock is trading throughout the day between 1-2% of SL, then its fine. Anything more than that is not acceptable.

Tc

Tc

Last edited:

SwingKing

hello raounak bro i bt BGR ENRGY FUT@772 n i i booked profit 3 times each time 10-12 rs n still today holdg, ur suggestion for this stock sir
Well, we have exited this stock Calmshenoy. You follow what methodology got you into it. It is quite possible that our method is different from yours and hence you need to read what your method is suggesting.

Tc

crown

Namaste Raunak Bhai

Good morning...

Bhai, I have a few questions and would be very grateful for your answer/comment.

In the chart below, I have drawn trend line. And, parallel line color red for support and color blue for resistance.

1. Is the trend line (purple color) is drawn appropriately?

2. If the trend line is appropriate, then we have three options

[a] -- Nifty continues to hold the trend and do not breach the trend line.

-- Nifty violate the trend line and move downside.

[c] -- Nifty violate the trend line and move sideways.

What is the best option to take in advance and plan accordingly.

3. I have drawn the support line (parallel - red color) at point A at 5963. The reason for taking it as support is that the candle low is touching the purple trend line. Am I doing it correctly?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us