• March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G

gangadharan

Hey Mate

I get it now. Maybe we were Tangent.

What i was trying to highlight was that Hedging strategies are somewhat complex for my taste. The way i trade -- Scalping, i dont have way to hedge as my R/R is skewed. I dont know my exit point and expectancy.

But your strategy is based on expectancy. As long as your R/R is favoured by the premium you pay for this insurance , go for it.

Im no pro on this, rather after seeing some of the strategies -- i backed off. And hence pointed you to DanPickup to see if he can offer any insights.
Yes Sir,

Thanks for your view and advice,
I am actually going through Mr. Dans thread and posts, I will definitely take advice from him after i go through his posts.

I remain,
Gangadharan:):thumb:

DanPickUp

Yes Sir,

Thanks for your view and advice,
I am actually going through Mr. Dans thread and posts, I will definitely take advice from him after i go through his posts.

I remain,
Gangadharan:):thumb:
Hi gangadharan

Going through any option thread may will not give you a new answer. If you feel happy with what you work and if you make more money than you lose with your system, then there is only one thing to say : Your systems works !

That's it !:)

Take care

DanPickUp

SwingKing

Alroyraj,

Still waiting patiently.

I would go long if it closes above 620 today (Futures).

Else I am just sitting on the sidelines with my short position.

Tc
As indicated earlier,

First lot of DLF was exited at 307 and second lot at 311.

Tata steel has been reversed. And now we are long in it.

First lot has been taken at Avg price of 626.5

Second set of lots will be added at 644 + levels (if we reach there)

SAR lies around 603-606.

No further position in DLF has been taken. Positions will be considered tomorrow.

Tc

G

gangadharan

Hi gangadharan

Going through any option thread may will not give you a new answer. If you feel happy with what you work and if you make more money than you lose with your system, then there is only one thing to say : Your systems works !

That's it !:)

Take care

DanPickUp

Thank you Sir,

But even then, there will be something which I can learn from you to sharpen my system. I will not leave you........ I will definitely come to you with my queries after I go through your threads......

With Regards,
Gangadharan:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DanPickUp

Thank you Sir,

But even then, there with be something which I can learn from you to sharpen my system. I will not leave you........ I will definitely come to you with my queries after I go through your threads......

With Regards,
Gangadharan:)
Hi Gangadharan

Do you know this tool : http://www.tradingsim.com/

Beside your life trades, you can test your ideas and maybe even your system with that tool. I saw the link in veluris thread ( http://www.traderji.com/beginners-guide/45776-if-new-trading-must-read-you-2.html#post487133. As we any way spend most of your time in front of the screen, why not use one of our monitors for such a trading simulator ?

I tested it today and traded exactly on one share. I analyzed only the bars and the volume and different time frames, nothing else ! I made 38 orders ( 6 cancelled and 32 filled ). I had to pay in average 62 USD for each order ( even if cancelled ) and made 7'682 USD netto in profit ( all commissions already paid ) with a starting account of 50'000 USD and a max margin of 200'000 USD, which I never used. I traded always the same amount of shares ( 10'000 ) and worked always with limit orders and when I thought needed, I made it market.

I know, it is a simulation. Even than, to test some strategies or even your personal knowledge with only one indicator, can make fun :) and most important ; it can improve your trading knowledge.

Take care

DanPickUp

SwingKing

Just came across this well written article on being in the present. Just sharing it.

Living in the present is to be aware of what is happening to you, what you are doing and what you are feeling and thinking. It is being conscious of your thoughts and focusing them on the present. In this way you look at situations as they are, without coloring them with your past experiences. Living in such a way makes it easier to deal with whatever you are doing at the present moment. You see things as they are, without being influenced by fears, anger, desires or attachments.

Next time you catch yourself thinking idly, watch the thoughts that flow through your mind, what are they? Are you trying to relive the past? Maybe you are reassessing past behavior or events? Maybe you are thinking how it would have been if you acted differently. Are you enacting past events in your mind? Even thoughts and daydreams about the future are colored by past experiences.

If your past experiences of relationships were pleasant and positive, that is how you going to think about your future relationships. If the experiences were negative, that is how you are going to visualize your future. It is always the past recreating your life.

You probably think sometimes about what someone told you, how someone treated you, how you did this or that. It is always about the past. You are letting the past captivate you and influence your behavior. Reliving the past is recreating it constantly. You are not letting change enter your life. It is all right to recreate the past if it was pleasant, but why repeat in your mind if it was unpleasant?

There is a story about two friends traveling by train. One was very nervous, restless and full of complaints the whole trip. He was impatient to reach his destination, and disliked every moment of the trip. He did not pay attention to his surroundings, as his mind was full of impatient, restless and grumpy thoughts.

His friend, on the other hand, enjoyed the scenery, drank a cup of coffee, ate a piece of cake and chatted with the other passengers. He enjoyed every moment the trip. He lived in the present moment and made the most of it. On arrival he was fresh and felt good. His friend, as expected, arrived exhausted, tired and unhappy.

It is a matter of the right attitude. Life becomes a happy and enjoyable trip when the attitude toward it and its events is positive, and the present moment is used in the best possible way.

Living in the present means concentrating on what is happening now, enjoying it and making the most of it.
Do you know how many opportunities are missed due to dwelling on the past, instead of seeing and being conscious of what is happening at the present moment? When our mind is elsewhere we behave like robots, and repeat the same mistakes of the past, do the same things, and then complain that our life is dull and uninteresting.

Wake up to the present moment and live in it. The past happened and passed, so what is the use of reliving it? Do you enjoy reliving it? If it is a pleasant experience that's okay. You may wish to relive it and recreate it in your life. But why repeat the same event again, if it was an unhappy one? Why do you repeat something that has caused you pain?

We are usually unaware of the process of thinking that is going on in our heads. We repeat the same thoughts as a matter of habit. They come and we do not resist them. We welcome them even if they are unpleasant. We get used to our thoughts and habits, even if we do not admit it. In this way they become stronger and more powerful. As our minds recreate our past, we find that the present is always the mirror of the past. Then nothing new happens and we complain that life is always the same, that nothing changes. Weird, foolish, tragic and funny at the same time, isn't it?

By being aware of your thoughts and feelings, it becomes easier to be a little more detached. When you are detached you become able to choose how to react to people, events and circumstances, which can save yourself a lot of inconvenience, trouble and embarrassment.

Tc

gauharjk

Hi Gangadharan

Do you know this tool : http://www.tradingsim.com/

Beside your life trades, you can test your ideas and maybe even your system with that tool. I saw the link in veluris thread ( http://www.traderji.com/beginners-guide/45776-if-new-trading-must-read-you-2.html#post487133. As we any way spend most of your time in front of the screen, why not use one of our monitors for such a trading simulator ?

I tested it today and traded exactly on one share. I analyzed only the bars and the volume and different time frames, nothing else ! I made 38 orders ( 6 cancelled and 32 filled ). I had to pay in average 62 USD for each order ( even if cancelled ) and made 7'682 USD netto in profit ( all commissions already paid ) with a starting account of 50'000 USD and a max margin of 200'000 USD, which I never used. I traded always the same amount of shares ( 10'000 ) and worked always with limit orders and when I thought needed, I made it market.

I know, it is a simulation. Even than, to test some strategies or even your personal knowledge with only one indicator, can make fun :) and most important ; it can improve your trading knowledge.

Take care

DanPickUp
I played the game on http://www.tradingsim.com/ today. Lost almost $10000 out of the $50000 I had.

Remaining balance...