Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G

gangadharan

Hi

Here a little present from a non Moslem for this day. Our secretary is Muslim and she explained me the meaning of Eid Mubarack.

As this thread here is specially about stocks, you may once like to have some books from an old master ; Richard D. Wyckoff:)

http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/PS-tqB6Z/sharing.html?rnd=1

Take care and have a successful day

DanPickUp

Sirjeee...

I think this is a market of short on every up move till 5850 is touched..

Take care.
Gangadharan.:):)

VJAY

Raunak Sir,

Please advice on the above query... I am just reminding you here..... Your advice is the last tool for setting my new trade and investment system which may give a result of more than 90% times.

Attached here with is my last trades with hedging the investments and again SL the hedges... and SL the trades.

For me It is going to be 3 months with TRADERJI by 20th of this month... There were days even I forgot to trade.......... and nights I forgot to sleep..... while learning from Traderji.

Thanks a lot to all the friends and masters here..

I remain..
waiting for your advice.

With Regards,
Gangadharan.:):thumb:
Dear Gangadharan,
Thanks for sharing your file here...i seen s/l for your PA positions..how you put these s/l?for example for your holding of balrampurchini-PA s/l of 0.85...if you put this s/l as pending order there is chance of hit these stops bcaz of low trading in it...please give some info about putting s/l s for PA's...

SwingKing

Ok, now the benefit to me for being in Traderji is............

1. Now I have an increased confidence level with the abcd...... of TA.
2. the percentage of income from my trades are increased.
3. I can some how select some good scripts now for investment and trade.

My query is to you are..........

1. Do you think my way of hedging only investments.......Do trade with SL. are a completely fool proof way here?
2. Apart from hedging of 5% an additional SL is required for investments?
3. With the SL, Is it required an additional hedging for my trades?
4. Shall I completely avoid SL and go for hedging in trading also?
Gangadharan,

I am probably the worst person in this forum to seek an advice on this issue. The reason is,

a) I have no understanding of practical options trading
b) I don't believe in protecting my losses through hedging. IN some cases, when I am very uncertain, I do take opposite side swing trades. But I almost never get into direct hedging.

I had mentioned somewhere in this thread that for me SL is everything. I am a very aggressive trader and hence I don't care if I lose money. Most of the trades I do are well calculated and hence before hand I am aware of what might come tomorrow. Moreover, the whole idea of spending some to save much more is something that does not go well with my mental setup.

A lot written above has got to do with what my daily routine is. When I trade, almost whole day I am watching the markets/replying in forum or taking training sessions while I view the markets. Hence, with so much already in my hand, the least I want is to see how my hedges etc are doing in comparison to what my original positions are doing. I don't believe in any of my guys in the office to watch my trades and hence I do it for myself.

Gangadharan, markets are what you want it to be. Markets will give you what you want from it. Hence, what methods you practice are suited to what you want from the markets. From the look of it, through your excel sheet, I could see that you are doing well. Hence, I will ask you to continue doing what you are doing. Do not alter what you do based on what I or some other user suggests. Markets don't know me and hence what I suggest may mess with your mental make up.

Now, after writing this, I dare say that I am the best person here to give you advise on this. The reason I say so is because,

a) I am asking you to explore what your mental setup has directed you to ..
and
b) I am asking you to follow only your method as there is no right or wrong method of doing anything. There is only one method, and that is the method which "works". Hence, if your method is working and generating returns, just follow it. One thing I'd say is that since this method deals with options, just ask Dan (Danpickup) to comment on the same for some refinements.

Tc

gauharjk

Hi gauharjk

Frankly spoken ; I am not a fan of such articles or pages.

We here created a new product with physical Silver, Gold , Platin an Oil and we do it with our research knowledge, witch is build on fundamentals instead of informations of such pages and links.

Silver has a huge potential to go higher and this not because of hedge funds. Here just one reason :The central bank of China has sold in the last years a lot of silver and this is one reason, why silver not has become to expensive until now. The central bank of China will stop selling there silver and this will be just one reason, why silver will become more expensive.

Do not spend your time on such pages. If you trade silver, go for the chart, as the chart says more about short time frames than fundamentals do.

The product we created is for long term investors ( ten years and more ) and so we go for the fundamentals.

Have a nice EID....

DanPickUp
Thank you Dan Sir for excellent information. With all this printing of money in the US via QE, value of commodities and hard assets like gold, silver, oil would certainly rise.

Its almost surreal to think of investors willing to invest for 10 years or more... :) I can hardly control myself for a week...

My query is to you are..........

1. Do you think my way of hedging only investments.......Do trade with SL. are a completely fool proof way here?
Not really.

2. Apart from hedging of 5% an additional SL is required for investments?
Not sure why have you latched onto that 5% thing. None the less, you do understand that you are paying your broker twice (minimum). And if you dont know this business , this will quickly add up.

3. With the SL, Is it required an additional hedging for my trades?
Why SL .. considering that you are already protected by a opposite trade, why do you need a SL ?

let me make it clear that what I understand about hedging and Stop lose.

Hedging............
1. By spending an additional 5% on our investments you are insured for minimum loses and have a chance of earning even if our trade go negative.
2. If our trade go positively you will not loose the entire 5% hedging fund. you will get a chance to cut it down to 3% in between.
3 Yes If our script did not move to either side till the expiry you may loose up to 3% or even full and you will have to find another 5% for next month (But here we have solutions...... we can go for scripts with momentum).
From my experience I believe that we will get enough bonus as in the case of SBIN to cover this types of loses
Not sure what your hedging method is. Yes, hedging is great tool as long as you know your way around. How do you plan to hedge ... Pairs , options, spreads ??

Note: Im a day trader and dont use any form of hedging. Have been curious though. Dan, here on this forum has some decent experience with hedging strategies. Maybe he can offer some inputs.