• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingKing

Hi Raunak,

2m TF was given sell signal in morning & exited yesterday's long position with 10points gain.
Day TF has given me 100points return which was targeted. Exited 50% position & holding remaining 50% with for SAR signal...
(Again I don't know if this is right mentality. I take two lots. One I square off with 100 points gain & other hold till SAR signal is received. Sometime I get 200 points gain in second lot but sometime even end up in negative returns hence points gained by first lot help me for being in profit if first target of 100poits is achieved. This is going against saying let your profit runs)

As you have said larger TF signal was strong.....
This is even proved today in case of TISCO
Rahul,

Every trader has his own way of trading. Hence, I won't comment on your way. But, again if you were to allow me to judge you, then I think you are not executing your system correctly. In high volatile scenarios, your losses on 2 lots are going to eat up profits of many trades which occurred during periods of low volatility. Almost always let your profits run.

Also, don't take my view or anyone's view on Nifty and couple it with your system. Your system on standalone basis is sufficient if it is a robust one. Hence rely only on what signals it gives. Markets essentially know no one. No matter how experienced that person is. Hence, just trust your system and your instincts.

Regarding Tata steel, yes the larger time frames were not that supportive, hence despite of good results the stock is down. However, if anyone is following this stock, he'd know that there is significant amount of Bullish pressure building up. One can just feel it. I am waiting to reverse trades in Tata Steel and Nifty. Lets see when the opportunity arises.

Tc

G

gangadharan

Sirjeeeee!!!!!!!!

Balarampur minus near 6 percent... but my put option... is plus 170 percent...

Gangadharan:)
Raunak Sir,

I came out of two balrampur puts at average rate of 4.90 and holding only one put and 4000 equities..

Now I don't care where the price goes. because the deal is still hedged with out any hedging cost.

Played an Intraday in SBI sell-3180..Buy--3090.

Nice day it was,,,

With Regards.
Gangadharan:)

jagankris

I must thank Raunak Bhai for demonstrating trading discpiline.
Being Short in Tisco - Inspite of the good results he was not at all nervous sipping his Jack Daniels on friday.

TS again gave him ample opportunity to cover his shorts on monday but to my surprise he just stick to his Sytem/Trading rules.

I couldn't resist my anxiety of Raunakbhai not covering his shorts in TISCO for I was long.

But again the markets proved him correct.:clapping:

Now Today's TISCO low - 594 :)

On the contrary I didn't follow my system's Short signal on TS :(

Now I understand why TS didn't react to the results as anticipated and the importance following the System with out any deviation and the importance of not mixing system trading with discretion.

Once again a costly lesson.

But no worries my Savior is here :)

prst

does delta corp still have some steam left for upside?

can we enter it this week on dips?
say at 125 levels?