• March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G

gangadharan

Raunak Sir,

Thanks to SBI and TCS..........

Raunakjeee..... Sugar is always sweet.......... but at balrampur it is not that sweet I think (at least for the short term).. But I entered it in equity @86.25 with the suport of 85 put option at. 1.65..

With regards,
Gangadharan.:):)

Sirjeeeee!!!!!!!!

Balarampur minus near 6 percent... but my put option... is plus 170 percent...

Gangadharan:)

SwingKing

Hi Raunak,
Whats your stand on Balarampur and Bajahindustan . Are you holding now or planning to exit them.
Are we enetring to a Red zone as far as market is considered ?

Thanks.
Deep
As far as Balrampur and Bajaj Hind are above 80 and 120 on weekly basis, I am long. As far as markets are concerned, I am still looking to going long in the Nifty. The question as of now is not of "if" but it is of "when".

Hence am waiting for that "when" to show up. Whether that comes at 5900 or 5700 or 5500, I don't know.

Tc

rrmhatre72

Rahul,

Let me answer this from a psychological aspect. Some parts may sound rude to you & others but I hope you guys know by now that I can never mean that. I have to write this way to get my point through.

If you were to allow me to judge what you have done, then I would say that what you did tells me three things.

a) You don't have faith on your Index EOD system - If you had faith, then you would have closed the intra day trade today itself and booked profits on it. You have not done so to get peace of mind today. Markets don't pay anyone for taking easy decisions. Just remember that.

b) You are not disciplined - You are a system trader and the one thing system traders don't do is they never break their rules. You have taken a intraday system and now turned it into a EOD trade. Stick to rules. Either be discretionary or be a system related trader. Don't mix both.

c) Learn to Embrace Pain - You need to learn to embrace pain. Fall in love with red and it will start ignoring you. Which means, you will start to see more of green in your account. This is the most difficult part in trading and is very very hard to practice.

For E.g. - You questioned me on Tata steel today. Despite of what was going on and despite of excellent results, I did not break my rules. Over the weekend, I did not anticipate, I embraced the "probable" pain and I am still in my position. This is because I don't mind losing 'N' % tomorrow.

How you need to approach the two time frames is something I have explained in the previous post and hence you can refer that.

Tc
Hi Raunak,

2m TF was given sell signal in morning & exited yesterday's long position with 10points gain.
Day TF has given me 100points return which was targeted. Exited 50% position & holding remaining 50% with for SAR signal...
(Again I don't know if this is right mentality. I take two lots. One I square off with 100 points gain & other hold till SAR signal is received. Sometime I get 200 points gain in second lot but sometime even end up in negative returns hence points gained by first lot help me for being in profit if first target of 100poits is achieved. This is going against saying let your profit runs)

As you have said larger TF signal was strong.....
This is even proved today in case of TISCO

Last edited:

gauharjk

As far as Balrampur and Bajaj Hind are above 80 and 120 on weekly basis, I am long. As far as markets are concerned, I am still looking to going long in the Nifty. The question as of now is not of "if" but it is of "when".

Hence am waiting for that "when" to show up. Whether that comes at 5900 or 5700 or 5500, I don't know.

Tc
Can the situation get so bad?! I wish I had held on to that short position in Titan which blew up my account... :(

Can the situation get so bad?! I wish I had held on to that short position in Titan which blew up my account... :(
The stock market moves up roughly a third of the time, sideways a third of the time, and downward a third of the time.
If you only played the bull side of the market, you are out of the action, and your chance to make money, two-thirds of the time.

There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side.

Jesse Livermore