Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingKing

Dear ranukji Some clarification about SL,I always thinks like u and realize all system shows better result without SL in backtesting,In real time also I tried this in cash with small amount. Most of the time stocks recover after hitting SL.I do this in trail basis ,cant afford to adopt as few losing trades hits me badly .
Now about mental SL.What is your reflex if a stock touch your mental stop.Do you square off position immediately, or wait for pull back ,(if u see some strength technically )

Another thing how do you manage your mental stop ,if you trade in 4 scripts and unfortunately if mental sl hits all simultaneously.
GreenCandle,

If I am in a trade, where I have intraday stop loss, then when my stop loss is hit, and if it is hit by a wave of selling which happened due to no apparent reason, then I wait for retracement to sell. Else, I exit it immediately.

If I am having an EOD stop loss and on intra day, stop loss gets triggered, then I adopt the KBN (Kill by Neglect) principle. Here I kill my desire to square off by neglecting my desires. I stick to EOD rule. This comes with practice, but it can be achieved.

Regarding mental aspect of Stop losses. Even if I am into 4-6 trades, and each of them violates SL on intra day basis, I stick to my rules. Under no circumstances do I violate it. I strongly believe that if I go broke, I want to do so from my opinion and hence this motivates me to challenge my inner desire.

Tc

SwingKing

Raunak Bhai,

I am long in Dec TS,SAIL,Renuka.
All options.

Expecting a gap down tomorrow.

Please advice.

Thanks,
JK
Jagan,

I assume TS is Tata Steel.

Well, out of these Sail is a big no no.

Tata steel is kind of fine.

Renuka is the strongest among these.

With every gap down, the probability of bounce increases. Hence, position accordingly. I am not an expert on Options, hence I am not suggesting anything related to it. I have just highlighted the broader term trend in all.

Tc

MurAtt

SM Bro,

My personal view is slightly different. The more we move down tomorrow or day after, the better it is for the next 5-6 months. The retracements underway currently are extremely good for the markets. The more it retraces the better it is. The bounce from low levels is going to be worth every bit of correction we are witnessing currently.

Looking to buy when the time is right.

Tc
My above view was for the immediate short term .. overall not expecting mkts to go below the TL from which the nifty has broken out ....

If it does ... then its permanent kapitsch for the bulls .... we have some run-away gaps which may start calling out to Nifty if it goes back into the channel ....

Lets see .. will post chart tomorrow ....

SwingKing

Will be going long in,

BankBaroda (950), Voltas (240), Tata Motors (1150) & Sriram Transport Finance (800).

SL is mentioned in bracket. To be adhered on EOD basis.

Markets are very volatile. Hence all trades are risky now. Take your risk appetite into consideration. For so many trades, one must have reasonably large account size.

Tc

G

gangadharan

Re-entry in Tata Steel will be done at 626.

Till then, we will wait on the sidelines.

Tata steel is expected to be a out performer in the long run. But price needs to confirm this. first.

Tc

Raunak Sir

I Think some accumulation is going on in Tata steel from 600 to 620 levels. And this may happen for one more week from here or at least till expiry. It is going to be out performer in Long run as you said.. So It will be wise to be entered in three ways. A Long term inverter can enter in equities in this level also.... Short term investor can entered in between 605--610 levels or buy on dips.... Or a Trader can enter in Dec. or January Futures 50% at 610 levels with a SL 599 Closing basis and other 50% levels at 526 closing levels.

Please correct me if I am mistaken any where.

With regards,
Gangadharan.:)

G

gangadharan

MY TRADES ON INTRADAY LEVELS TODAY

SBI EQ 100 SHORT 2968 SL 2980 REVISED 2960

TCS EQ 250 SHORT 1029 SL 1036

TATASTL EQ 500 SHORT 618.50 SL 622

CHAMBALFERT EQ 4000 SHORT 91 SL 91.80

NIFTY DEC. FUTURE LONG 5972 SL.. 5964 REVISED.. 5984

With Regards,
Gangadharan