• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gauharjk

Hi gauharjk

Interesting post. Some people in the states are already afraid of a bond bubble. The once which take out there money there and in other countries, start some times to invest bigger amounts of money in agrarian stocks.

An other trend is to invest in gold ETFs, which have there physical gold placed in Switzerland. Why ? Political stability. Those investors are afraid of a crash of there own governments and as you and I know, that governments recruit there money from there citizens, they also believe, that the government even would touch there physical gold on any bank in there countrys.

I could post more about such trends, but I am not sure if the interest is there, as you all invest mostly for short time in stocks and futures.

Take care

DanPickUp
Hi Dan Sir,

I want to ask you about investing in Gold ETFs which take physical delivery of Gold. Is it happening on a large scale? I had read about a few of companies, like GoldMoney.com, but the mainstream investors ignore them.

If this is happening in the west on a large scale, then the problems might be more serious than they appear...!

Cheers!

DanPickUp

Hi Dan Sir,

I want to ask you about investing in Gold ETFs which take physical delivery of Gold. Is it happening on a large scale? I had read about a few of companies, like GoldMoney.com, but the mainstream investors ignore them.

If this is happening in the west on a large scale, then the problems might be more serious than they appear...!

Cheers!
Hi gauharjk

Is is surely no mainstream beavering for such specific shares from the normal public investors, as they do not have a clue in general, in what all this ETFs and ETCs invest and how they are constructed. I know, you can read in Wikipedia or in some pages about ETFs and ETCs. But this are general explanations about the product. If you want to know clear, how a specific products invest, you need the ticker symbol and then you go for the PDF file, which every classified ETF/ETC has. There is the exact description, how the product is made.

The trend is to see more by very reach private investors. And I speak here about very rich investors not only in the west.

The ETF and ETC market has grown so much in the last few years, that normal investors or just mainstream traders do no more know, what is what.

In the states you have more than 1100 ETFs and ETCs. Retail investors stand in front of a huge mountain of products and do no more know, in what products they may should invest.

The new line is called ETNs.

DanPickUp

SwingKing

Still remain largely positive on the markets. Continuing to buy despite of the negativity around. Will be using weekend as a point of reference in order to decide what has to be done ahead. This week and the coming week ahead are going to be extremely pivotal for the markets. Normally a Bull run undergoes a correction of 15-20% and hence once can expect such corrections to come up. Though the Nifty has corrected only 10%, around 20% of stocks traded on the index have corrected 25-50% whereas around 30% have corrected to 15-18%. These stats have to be taken into strides before expecting the markets to dip any further. Trade with strict stop losses and be active whilst I enjoy my stint with Twitter. Tweeting, Tweeting and Tweeting.

Tc

oilman5

Still remain largely positive on the markets. Continuing to buy despite of the negativity around. Will be using weekend as a point of reference in order to decide what has to be done ahead. This week and the coming week ahead are going to be extremely pivotal for the markets. Normally a Bull run undergoes a correction of 15-20% and hence once can expect such corrections to come up. Though the Nifty has corrected only 10%, around 20% of stocks traded on the index have corrected 25-50% whereas around 30% have corrected to 15-18%. These stats have to be taken into strides before expecting the markets to dip any further. Trade with strict stop losses and be active whilst I enjoy my stint with Twitter. Tweeting, Tweeting and Tweeting.

Tc
U r right as usual, this typical small fall in NIFTY, suggests pressure shall to protect,....though share value fell MORE.And sign is bear has booked profit....showing by FII data F&o.So another fall may be possible by market structure wise,.....but most Fund have started already buying, though majority holding cash ......expecting to buy in December ......to do late buy by Confirmation.Infact long term r showing More bullish, apart from some tainted media stock.........a clear sign of long term bull market,.......Why then this sharp fall?Its because ,once bitten twice shy,........common made some plan to make a comeback at Diwali after 2-3year,.......so this expected,sudden flashing thrown them out,allowing quick loss booking fearing La 2008'March....
so @bottom........accumulation has started by brokers/also MF r seating on heavy cash......so long term target of 24000-25000 r intact.
Regards
btw......if u had doubt, see monthy chart.

G

gangadharan

Hi,

Holding SBIN 134 @ AVERAGE...... 3108. Hedged 2800 puts at 41.20*375
Holding TCS 250 @1052 Hedged 1050 puts at 19.50*750

Holding Tatasteel ....500 @ 624
Holding Balrampurchini .....5375@ 80.75
Holding Champal Fert ...4000@ 90.75
Holding Jet Airways ......500@ 738

Gangadharan:)

SwingKing

U r right as usual, this typical small fall in NIFTY, suggests pressure shall to protect,....though share value fell MORE.And sign is bear has booked profit....showing by FII data F&o.So another fall may be possible by market structure wise,.....but most Fund have started already buying, though majority holding cash ......expecting to buy in December ......to do late buy by Confirmation.Infact long term r showing More bullish, apart from some tainted media stock.........a clear sign of long term bull market,.......Why then this sharp fall?Its because ,once bitten twice shy,........common made some plan to make a comeback at Diwali after 2-3year,.......so this expected,sudden flashing thrown them out,allowing quick loss booking fearing La 2008'March....
so @bottom........accumulation has started by brokers/also MF r seating on heavy cash......so long term target of 24000-25000 r intact.
Regards
btw......if u had doubt, see monthy chart.
Oilman,

Its not about being right or wrong. You are experienced enough to understand that. Personally, I don't feel we are out of the woods yet. But that hasn't deterred me from buying. It is only in matter of 1-2 weeks that we would know where we are heading. Hence, for me trend still remains up and this is why I am buying.

In my opinion, The quality of current retracement of markets will determine the quantity of the next move ahead. So lets wait and watch.

Tc

Oilman,

Its not about being right or wrong. You are experienced enough to understand that. Personally, I don't feel we are out of the woods yet. But that hasn't deterred me from buying. It is only in matter of 1-2 weeks that we would know where we are heading. Hence, for me trend still remains up and this is why I am buying.

In my opinion, The quality of current retracement of markets will determine the quantity of the next move ahead. So lets wait and watch.

Tc
Bro is it Hope expectation or depending on TA:confused::confused::confused:
Dont know why when I am seeing everywhere around me people are going or getting ready for short I feel Fall wont come so easily or without hitting sl of shorters but personally I am 100% invested and that too on long side and my view can be result of my investement on long side too:)

SwingKing

Bro is it Hope expectation or depending on TA:confused::confused::confused:
Dont know why when I am seeing everywhere around me people are going or getting ready for short I feel Fall wont come so easily or without hitting sl of shorters but personally I am 100% invested and that too on long side and my view can be result of my investement on long side too:)
PT Bro,

I have written several times that I am buying and I will continue to buy till markets have Fundamentally and Technically changed its structure. I will review markets again on weekend or in between if something untowardly happens. But till then, I am whole heartedly invested and very much long in Index and some scripts.

I am not shorting as of now.

Tc