Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingKing

Sirjee,

one req....

y dont u giv intra day trades. every day profit little little. i tried Savant Sir's intraday call today ... made money :clap:

don u trade intra day?

Adi
Adi,

Good to know you are making money. But, you still haven't answered what you are learning.

Anyway regarding Intraday trade now.

My psychological make up does not permit me to do intra day trades. What day traders make over period of 20 days, I make much more in swing trades over the same period. I am not being derogatory towards day traders, on the contrary I acknowledge they are more skillful, but somehow I have mastered Swing trading more.

On an average, if I take up 10 Swing trades, 8 of them result in small losses. Whereas 2-3 of them are big winners. This is how I trade and I feel very comfortable with that. Furthermore, I am extremely relaxed kind of person in my real life and hence I am slow to react to things. I take my time to think and I take my time to trade. Hence, I don't have fast fingers which are required by day traders.

Day trading is very luring. It attracts most of the traders. The feeling of not carrying any positions for tomorrow gives a feeling of beating the market everyday. This feeling is what results into maximum of traders losing money in this genre of trading. Once mastered, it can be very profitable. But, it needs to be Mastered.

If you are day trading based on what Savant is trading, then its better if you learn something from him. Read his thread, ask him questions and get your doubts cleared. Don't just sit and follow his trades. That is not going to be fruitful in anyway. Make use of his experience and make it a point to learn one new thing everyday. In the end, don't forget to be thankful. Recently many new traders are taking the wrong tone here. I don't think that is the right way to go about. Traders must know what it takes to share information here. If someone is sharing and teaching something, he has to be respected. Just because its free, its not worthless.

Tc

rsingh2005

Rajesh,

What you can do is analyze sterlite on a chart and post it here. I will then review it and post my comments. This way you will learn much faster. Over the weekend, I will explain HV again.

Tc
Dear Raunak,
This is my first attempt to analyze any chart so bound to make silly mistakes. On monthly chart major support at 150 level & major resistance around 185-90.. on weekly chart major support at 160 level, on daily chart sterlite having major resistance around 190 level, & by legend chart we now that this is an weak stock as it has always retraces more than it gain, so can we use this fundamental to look for shorting opportunity in this sock if it reaches towards, 190 & cover it around 158-60, or when market is strong can we go long in this stock around 150 level for some early gains.
Also would you please clarify in the month of August, when this stock fall with huge volume any incidence or news during that period, because later not much of in surge in volume.
Please clarify.

Also I try to analyze Hindalco. For Hindalco, what I observe from Feb09 onwards stock is in up move except in Mid-June to early July.on weekly chart if we consider the up move from early Jan, then it fall till 140 level & again making and up move till 187 level, then losing all the up move way back till 142 level in mid june, means retracing more than 50%, can say weakly bullish, then again making new high in second week of Nov. around 240 level.. then it again retrace back to 200 level in this correction. So my question is again on same parameter of .. this stock is also not very bullish..or Iam missing something, & also in this case you have fixed stop loss of 211-212 level on HV basisor it is strong support or so.
Let me know what all I am missing in this chart. Also please comment on the Horizontal line I drawn is it right ?
Also please let me know how to use Fibonacci retracement in Amibroker.
Regards
Rajesh

Last edited:
Hi Raunak bhai,

I've few shares of Bhel purchased @ 2250. My friends tell me that order book of Bhel looks impressive. I'm not sure. However, I'm thinking of accumulating more for long-term (3-4 years). Is this the right time to accumulate more? If not, what levels will be optimum to buy more?
Also, can you suggest any better alternatives to Bhel?