• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VJAY

Biggles,

Tell this to VJAY. He has now joined the bandwagon of spelling my name wrong. :)

VJAY my dear, its "Raunak". :)

Tc
Dear sir,
whenever type your name always check spell...but today I missed it due to excitement of getting important answer /realy educable reply...will not miss next time.....:)

Raunak bro Want to share a problem that dont know why I feel sometime mkt is going to correct and then I take no time in exiting all my portfolio either in profit or Loss want to get rid of this habit ?? all saying High coming and me thinking 5555 what to do IF it start falling mind again say buy or it can bounce from here and I buy around 5900 Really in aterrible mind frame

SwingKing

Raunak bro Want to share a problem that dont know why I feel sometime mkt is going to correct and then I take no time in exiting all my portfolio either in profit or Loss want to get rid of this habit ?? all saying High coming and me thinking 5555 what to do IF it start falling mind again say buy or it can bounce from here and I buy around 5900 Really in aterrible mind frame
PT Bro,

Everyone feels the same. In the end, I will only tell you to trust your own instincts and your view. You'll always be more comfortable with that. For example, I think markets are robust and hence I am buying. No matter who says what, I will do what my analysis asks me to do. In the end, if I am wrong, I am wrong and I am ready to bear the consequences.

Markets know no one, no matter who that person is. And if someone thinks that markets know this and that particular analyst, they are so wrong. If ever I go broke, I want to do it with my analysis and not from anyone else's opinion. You are an experienced investor and hence trust yourself. There is no one out there who is more brighter than you and hence you are right in your opinion. Stick to it, execute it and live with it. This is the attitude that I adopt while Trading.

Remember, life is a lot like chess, accept that after check mate, it still continues to move forward.

Tc

preethi21

I feel sometime mkt is going to correct and then I take no time in exiting all my portfolio either in profit or Loss want to get rid of this habit ?? all saying High coming and me thinking 5555 what to do IF it start falling mind again say buy or it can bounce from here and I buy around 5900 Really in aterrible mind frame
Believe in your trading system,
emotions has no place in pro traders mind,
make a trading plan, know your risk,release the risk, moveon.

Entry and exit matters , intermediate movements are part of trend, dont bother them at all

3. Risk reward in trading is dependent again on account size. Usually 1-2% risk on each trade is kind of fine. But again it depends on one's risk profile, account size, ability to tolerate pain and psychological makeup. I cant decide these factors for you and hence you will have to do some trades related soul searching. :)
Okay, suppose that a swing trader may take 1% risk on each trade. What should be the initial target to book profit? 1%, 2-5%, 6-10% or 10-15% or more??
I understand that exit points can be trailed as per the price movement on the chart. However, what should be the mental objective for a swing trader?

SwingKing

Okay, suppose that a swing trader may take 1% risk on each trade. What should be the initial target to book profit? 1%, 2-5%, 6-10% or 10-15% or more??
I understand that exit points can be trailed as per the price movement on the chart. However, what should be the mental objective for a swing trader?
Itsmemad,

Profits in between 4-6% with a risk of 1% should be extremely good. Basically your target should be a 5% move.

Tc