Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Piuvbn

Hi Piuvbn, .. Here is i found one nice poem of Man..

Man O Man

When without money, eats wild vegetables at home
When has money, eats same wild vegetables in fine restaurant.

When without money, rides bicycle;
When has money, rides exercise machine.

When without money, walks to earn food
When has money, walks to lose the fat

Man O Man ! never fails to deceive thyself !

When without money, wishes to get married;
When has money, wishes to get divorced.

When without money, wife becomes secretary;
When has money, secretary becomes wife.

When without money, acts like rich man;
When has money, acts like poor man.

Man, O Man, never can tell the simple truth !

Says share market is bad but keeps speculating;
Says money is evil but keeps accumulating.
Says high positions are lonely but keeps wanting them.
Says gambling & drinking is bad but keeps indulging;

Man O Man ! Never means what he says and never says what he means!
Hi
Aha,what a poem. Don't know what happened to my thank button,THANKS.
Partha Roy

SwingKing

Dear Raunak (sorry......SwingKing).( It seems it takes time to familiarise with your new name):)

When I roll over countless charts I found that failed breakouts are more in number than successful breakouts. So, my question is "Is it not wise to look for opportunities anticipating a failed breakout when it is about to happen and trade accordingly, to increase percentage of winning trades?" (I am referring daily charts).:)

Consider the fact that 80% of the time markets donot trend. In other words, breakouts happening in 80% of the time are false. Doesnot it make sense to go against trend breakouts to make money 80% of the time.:D
Veluri1967,

I think stating that 80% of times markets do not trend is an over statement. It is something which is accepted as a fact as it is written in so many texts. But, if you research on your own, you'll find evidence contrary to what is claimed. For e.g. If you take 80 years of Dow, you'd find that markets have trended more than 60% of the time (up or down) and hence at some time frame or other it would have been more profitable to trade the trend depending on trader's comfort level. Please remember even if markets are broadly range bound, on smaller time frames as ST has shown, one can be immensely profitable with position sizing. The key is to determine which time frame is in demand.

Coming to your specific question, I think more than 60% of breakouts fail and hence its a good idea to trade failed breakouts. The problem with such setups is that its difficult to trade in real time and more easy to pin point in hindsight. But with more and more practice, these setups will make money. Therefore, your observation is correct.
Tc

SwingKing

*Pune Meet*

1. Meeting is going to be held in Pune and will be for 1 day. I'll be putting up a poll for choosing between 3 dates and whichever date gets the majority of votes, we'll go ahead with that date.

2. Location will be disclosed at the appropriate time. Its going to be held in a Hotel here hence parking won't be a problem for those willing to come via Car, Taxi etc. Unlike in Mumbai, there is reasonable amount of parking space available in Pune. :)

3. Timing for the meet would be from 9 A.m. to 4 P.m. In between we will take break for Lunch etc.

4. Total number of invitees have not been decided as yet. Eventually it will have to be limited down for the sake of better interaction and learning. Those interested, kindly PM me. For guys who cannot make it this time, another meet will be organized soon.

5. Webinar/DVD recording will be only for some sections of the meet. Most of the stuff that I will discuss is proprietary and I would not like it to be circulated on the Web. Please cooperate by not using any sort of recording device without notification.

6. Traderji userid will have to be verified for everyone who attends this event. Prior to entering the event, you will be asked to verify the same.

7. This meet is absolutely free! Whatever arrangement costs are there, I'll take care of it. On my part, I can assure you that there won't be any sort of Business oriented interaction. On your part, I will request you to cooperate with some of the conditions in place.

8. Contents of the meeting will be posted soon so that everyone has enough time to frame some questions and doubts.

Kindly avoid writing about this on any other thread.

Tc

P.S. - Please understand that everyone's request for a location and date cannot be addressed.

Last edited:
*Pune Meet*

1. Meeting is going to be held in Pune and will be for 1 day. I'll be putting up a poll for choosing between 3 dates and whichever date gets the majority of votes, we'll go ahead with that date.

2. Location will be disclosed at the appropriate time. Its going to be held in a Hotel here hence parking won't be a problem for those willing to come via Car, Taxi etc. Unlike in Mumbai, there is reasonable amount of parking space available in Pune. :)

3. Timing for the meet would be from 9 A.m. to 4 P.m. In between we will take break for Lunch etc.

4. Total number of invitees have not been decided as yet. Eventually it will have to be limited down for the sake of better interaction and learning. Those interested, kindly PM me. For guys who cannot make it this time, another meet will be organized soon.

5. Webinar/DVD recording will be only for some sections of the meet. Most of the stuff that I will discuss is proprietary and I would not like it to be circulated on the Web. Please cooperate by not using any sort of recording device without notification.

6. Traderji userid will have to be verified for everyone who attends this event. Prior to entering the event, you will be asked to verify the same.

7. This meet is absolutely free! Whatever arrangement costs are there, I'll take care of it. On my part, I can assure you that there won't be any sort of Business oriented interaction. On your part, I will request you to cooperate with some of the conditions in place.

8. Contents of the meeting will be posted soon so that everyone has enough time to frame some questions and doubts.

Tc

P.S. - Please understand that everyone's request for a location and date cannot be addressed.
Thanks Swingking. But one suggestion , It should not be free. Expenses should be divided between us. I will PM you.

Raju

Ya expenses should be shared..I agree brother.
Raunak sir if you have not finalized the place we can search for some Halls like (Depending upon members and what facilities we require)

1.Damle Hall,Law College Road - Small place 20-30 people.
2.Regal Hall Pride Hotel - 2000sqft.
3.Magarpatta area also we can get.

Many more..

Last edited:
Hi SK,

I won't be able to make it this time ... next time for sure...

thanks
:)
GK

*Pune Meet*

Tc

VJAY

Ya expenses should be shared..I agree brother.
Raunak sir if you have not finalized the place we can search for some Halls like (Depending upon members and what facilities we require)

1.Damle Hall,Law College Road - Small place 20-30 people.
2.Regal Hall Pride Hotel - 2000sqft.
3.Magarpatta area also we can get.

Many more..
But not make too long from station:D

*Pune Meet*

....For guys who cannot make it this time, another meet will be organized soon. ..

Sorry SK, :p It never came in my mind..this is most valid point I am absolutely agree upon..So If I am invited this time, I will be hands free..no Camera.. no conflict.. no worries.:thumb:
Regards
Rajesh