Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Karanm

Esse, I dont know any site which gives this information. Most of them which are available charge some premium or subscription. Also, most of these subscription based sites are completely trash.

I don't know if you know how to read charts. If you do, then try and pick stocks which are trending and put your money in them.

Tc
Sir,

I am in need of a formula to Explore Congestion in Moving Averages in Shares in Metastock with EOD Charts.

I would be Obliged for your Information and help.

Regards
Karanm

SwingKing

Hi Raunaq Ji..
First i must appreciate your valuable efforts to help newbies like me.. your posts have been really informative..

I switched to Amibroker only few days back.. b4 i was using Aptistock..

I have a query..
I have recently started using TA, still on a learning curve but haven't followed strict discipline (or specific Trading strategy) and i have been stuck with a portfolio which looks weak at the moment (current unbooked loss ~5-6%).

I quite liked some strategies provided by u.. and i have decided to follow them with discipline...

as i only take EOD positional short term calls.. please guide me whether i should exit my current holdings immediately or should i wait for some pull back and then get rid of them and start anew..

Also please tell me if there some strategy for rangebound markets like we have now..

Portfolio Details:
major holdings include Unitech, vinati organics, thirumalai chemicals, jk lakshmi cement, Hilton metal forging

Its a long post, please dont mind..
Thanks
enigmaticme,

We are in sticky market conditions, and hence it is a tough call on whether you should sell everything off from your portfolio. I'd say psychologically it will be better if you start fresh and follow a system with discipline.

Range bounds markets are difficult to trade in. I switch to stocks when index starts to trade range bound. In all, try n find stocks which trend. Range bound markets are difficult to trade.

Tc

SwingKing

Raunak Ji,

Thanks for your answer. it was not nifty 3300CE, it was nifty 5300CE may futures purchased at 26 avg price 1000 numbers. My point is, whether the trend is going toowards 5200 or 4800 by the time May expiry ends. sorry for troubling you.
Please give your valuable input.

Regards
Nallan, under my signature, there is a thread on "Nifty daily price analysis". Just go to this thread and read whatever I have written on the markets. You will get your answer.

Tc

SwingKing

Sir,

I am in need of a formula to Explore Congestion in Moving Averages in Shares in Metastock with EOD Charts.

I would be Obliged for your Information and help.

Regards
Karanm
Karanm, I don't specialize in metastock. Post this query in the formula section of this forum. Somebody will help you regarding this.

Tc

Hello Sir,
Thanks a lot for prompt reply. Do you say individual stocks (bullish) can still outperform index?

I tried your "5 - Day Momentum Trading Method" but i'm unable to back test it.. as i'm new to AB, it would be great if u can throw some light on it..

And one more thing.. I could,t find AFL for "3-4 Days Swing Setup".. i guess its missing.. Can you please provide me that..

Thanks

SwingKing

Hello Sir,
Thanks a lot for prompt reply. Do you say individual stocks (bullish) can still outperform index?

I tried your "5 - Day Momentum Trading Method" but i'm unable to back test it.. as i'm new to AB, it would be great if u can throw some light on it..

And one more thing.. I could,t find AFL for "3-4 Days Swing Setup".. i guess its missing.. Can you please provide me that..

Thanks
Testing strategies is good. But dont go by computer results. TA is an art. You need to have an eye to pick up good trades and to avoid bad trades. This will come only with experience. Most strategies have winning % of 35-45%. Hence you need to know which trades to take and which to avoid.

I'll look into the 3-4 Day setup n will get back

Tc

arti

Hi Raunak,

Usually how u trade breakouts? I read that we should trade the pullbacks of breakout and not breakout.Take LT, it gave breakout on 17/05/10. I didnot enter as such a huge volume and it went up from 1474 to 1606 in a day.But two days past its still going up only. Now waiting for pullback,but missed a gud move.
So in general how we should trade breakouts?

SwingKing

Hi Raunak,

Usually how u trade breakouts? I read that we should trade the pullbacks of breakout and not breakout.Take LT, it gave breakout on 17/05/10. I didnot enter as such a huge volume and it went up from 1474 to 1606 in a day.But two days past its still going up only. Now waiting for pullback,but missed a gud move.
Trading breakouts on pullback is "Ideally" the right way to do it. However, let me tell you something. Most of the breakouts which do run up quite a bit are the one's which never give a pullback. Hence you need to see how and when the break out occurs. If the stock has been negative (not so bullish) for quite sometime and then you suddenly see it breaking out of a range, then this kind of breakout will run up fast.

E.g: LT was trading weak. It suddenly broke out and is now heading high. Broke out after news hit the market.
E.g: RNRL was doing the same. But the news even was yet to be delivered. Hence you need to be careful.

Hope you get my point.

Tc

praveen taneja

Hi Raunak,

:pI never understand the way people trade with TA:lol:
Let me give u a small story
Once a person was learning astrology ok
after some time he tell that I know now everything about astrology
person ask him what is in his feast (hand)
He started calculation and in that it comes that there is something living thing with more then 4 legs
he tell at once wow see my calculation its OCTOPUS
he never think that it can b cockroch or ant just like that people saw only chart never see what is happening it gave 15% more then street expectations:clap:
I know few person who shorted on that day too and leter cried ohhhh my sl hit
TA is just to help think of a trade after keeping in mind everything:clap: