Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello everybody,

I'm a little confused regarding TA in low liquidity stocks or you can say when a stock is consolidating in a narrow range with low volumes.

Problem:
When i see chart of such script is doesn't show actual open/high close.. eg the usually open very high or very low compared to actually price prevailing in the market.. is it appropriate to take it as it is or should i remove whipsaws and the apply TA..

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2396/visaka.jpg

Thanks,
enigmaticme

Last edited:

SwingKing

Hello everybody,

I'm a little confused regarding TA in low liquidity stocks or you can say when a stock is consolidating in a narrow range with low volumes.

Problem:
When i see chart of such script is doesn't show actual open/high close.. eg the usually open very high or very low compared to actually price prevailing in the market.. is it appropriate to take it as it is or should i remove whipsaws and the apply TA..

Thanks,
enigmaticme
Always stay in stocks which have good liquidity. Even during consolidation the liquidity should be good.

Tc

SwingKing

Dear Raunak,

Are you still short on this counter (GMR Infra) or have you covered the positions. I was asking from the view point that I wanted to short this counter now. Is it advisable? Pl oblige

Thanks
Esse
Esse I had exited the counter around 56.3 levels. It was low on volumes plus it was not volatile. Hence got out from it.

Tc.

SwingKing

Dear Raunak,

I am 2 lots short on the nifty at 4900. Could you kindly advise as to what should be done at this point of the mkt.
Thanks
Esse,

Had I been in your shoes, I would have kept a stop loss of 5110 (conservative) and 5180 (if aggressive). We are in high volatility environment and hence stop losses need to be wide. You are in the right side of the market and moving up would require a lot of buying. As of now, data still favors short trade.

Hope this helps.

Tc

Hello Raunak,
How r u? Thank you for your support. Like I said, 10EMA, 20EMA and 50MA and standard MACD settings are working fine in 5 min. chart for intraday in nifty. Just one thing to clear. As I enter into a trade on crossovers, when shall I exit or reverse the position? It gives good points. But when I hold the position, sometimes loss. What should I do? One thing is for sure that when there is a crossover, it definitely gives points. 100 out of 100 TIMES. Just dont know when to exit. Which indicator should I use to exit and how???
I am using http://www.bazaartrend.com/ live chart. Now I have decided to go for Amibroker. Can you please help me with the AFL for this? Which create Buy/Sell signal with these settings? I tried to modify the AFl you posted but couldn't do it. Please help me with this.
Thanx a lot again.
Anurag

Last edited: