• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingKing

Re: 2-3 Week Swing Trade Setup

stocks mainly...of nifty and with higher weightage..mostly A category...
These parameters are not for intraday ... but they work well for 2-3 days time frame ... whipsaws will always be thr till MA exist ... but these parameters take care of most of em ...

Buy: When Close > 0.5% above 45 period SMA
Short: When Close > 0.5% below 70 period SMA

Parameters work particularly well for NIFTY.

if u need strictly parameters for intraday only ... then let me know .. will give u those too

Tc

re: "Trading Strategies Using Technical Analysis".

Hi sir
I studies ur swing trading strategy and i have 3 doubts

1. How to select stocks for swing trading
2. Can we use bollinger bands along with this
3. If we can use means, what is the setup for that

Thanks in advance

SwingKing

Hi sir
I studies ur swing trading strategy and i have 3 doubts

1. How to select stocks for swing trading
2. Can we use bollinger bands along with this
3. If we can use means, what is the setup for that

Thanks in advance
1. I had mentioned how to select stock for this strategy. The slope of MA(50) should be up. It should not be sideways.
2. You can use bollinger bands with it. However you will have to research on which setup would be best for the stocks. The method given above by me works well in our market.

SwingKing

ok sir i will try ur aspects thank u once again

I want one more detail

please give some strategy for short term (15-30 days) picks
Well what I gave u was a 2-3 Week swing setup which can also be extended for long term. That amounts to 14-21 days (short term) trades.

Do you want something even shorter than 2 week interval ?

To: Raunak Agarwal and others.

Raunak Agarwal:- How to know wether a scrip will still go higher(in case of upward trend, even at all time high) and prize will still go down( in case of downward trend even at all time low). Because in such cases day low/high will be little or much higher or lower than SMA( 10, 20 or 50). I mean to ask that how to catch the share before it reflect bullish or bearish engulfing pattern. I mean to know the movement at right time instead to wait untill faster and slower SMA cross over. Please post your opineons. Thanks.

Re: 2-3 Week Swing Trade Setup

These parameters are not for intraday ... but they work well for 2-3 days time frame ... whipsaws will always be thr till MA exist ... but these parameters take care of most of em ...

Buy: When Close > 0.5% above 45 period SMA
Short: When Close > 0.5% below 70 period SMA

Parameters work particularly well for NIFTY.

if u need strictly parameters for intraday only ... then let me know .. will give u those too

Tc
======================================================
Only one question, if you dont mind please.

i.e. for short: instead of 70 days sma , will it not do with 45 or 50 . I mean to short when close > 0.5% below 50 days sma.

SwingKing

To: Raunak Agarwal and others.

Raunak Agarwal:- How to know wether a scrip will still go higher(in case of upward trend, even at all time high) and prize will still go down( in case of downward trend even at all time low). Because in such cases day low/high will be little or much higher or lower than SMA( 10, 20 or 50). I mean to ask that how to catch the share before it reflect bullish or bearish engulfing pattern. I mean to know the movement at right time instead to wait untill faster and slower SMA cross over. Please post your opineons. Thanks.
I think you want to bottom pick stocks (to buy) and Short the stock at peak. There is no sure shot way to achieve this. However, I will post a high probable technique from which you can do this.

Tc