Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingKing

Re: 2-3 Week Swing Trade Setup

======================================================
Only one question, if you dont mind please.

i.e. for short: instead of 70 days sma , will it not do with 45 or 50 . I mean to short when close > 0.5% below 50 days sma.
Well, it might or might not ... I mentioned 70 days because I regularly use it ... and have back tested results with it ...

Tc.

daitya

These parameters are not for intraday ... but they work well for 2-3 days time frame ... whipsaws will always be thr till MA exist ... but these parameters take care of most of em ...

Buy: When Close > 0.5% above 45 period SMA
Short: When Close > 0.5% below 70 period SMA

Parameters work particularly well for NIFTY.

if u need strictly parameters for intraday only ... then let me know .. will give u those too

Tc
Which timeframe...target price and stoploss should be used..??

re: "Trading Strategies Using Technical Analysis".

I think you want to bottom pick stocks (to buy) and Short the stock at peak. There is no sure shot way to achieve this. However, I will post a high probable technique from which you can do this.

Tc
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I asked for high probable level. I understand no one can give sure 100% high and low levels. Thanks.

SwingKing

Which timeframe...target price and stoploss should be used..??
5-min Chart Time frame ... Am not a expert in setting targets ... so I dont know about it ... but typically u can use fibonacci "extensions" for it... and stop loss is something which depends on the risk apetitie of every trader .Hence follow ur own money management rules....

Remember one thing .. how much ever you try ... whichever "system" or strategy one comes out with ... making money in intraday trades is still difficult ... Using intra-day chart for 3-5 days is fine ... but opening and closing the position on the same day is never easy ...

Why run behind Nickels and Dimes when you can outrun the Dollar ??? Ask this to yourself.

Tc

Last edited: