Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apurv7164

That may be the case blackberry. Accumulation stage is not important. It is the mark up phase after the accumulation phase which holds importance. We have to see when that begins.

Tc
I agree Raunak... Mark up is the phase we should concentrate..

As it is said that practical experience is better than theories, I would like to share my experience on similar note...

I m holding Aloktext since long bought at 18.50 or so with the consideration of accumulation and then sharp shoot out... Though it gave break out but again went into consolidation... Undoubtedly I am sitting on lil more than 10% profit which is not bad at all if ur holding period is less than 3 months...

So what I am trying make point is sometimes, accumulation phase gets stretched and we may get frustrated... in today's world sometimes, accumulation phase is suddenly changed to distribution....

blackberry

I agree Raunak... Mark up is the phase we should concentrate..

As it is said that practical experience is better than theories, I would like to share my experience on similar note...

I m holding Aloktext since long bought at 18.50 or so with the consideration of accumulation and then sharp shoot out... Though it gave break out but again went into consolidation... Undoubtedly I am sitting on lil more than 10% profit which is not bad at all if ur holding period is less than 3 months...

So what I am trying make point is sometimes, accumulation phase gets stretched and we may get frustrated... in today's world sometimes, accumulation phase is suddenly changed to distribution....

True, still some of stock hovering at the same rate as on may 2009,After new Govt came in power.No movement after that.

PGDIMES

Hi Raunak,

Look at the chart of Punj Lloyd now...Expecting 120 level this week...What say!:)
Target achieved...Booked profit...Waiting for the stock to go up in order to short again...

Karanm

Karan,

I can help you. But you have to do the hard work.

Don't expect some system/software to generate Buy/Sell for you everyday. Had it been so simple, then all the fund managers would have done the same. Face the reality rather than living in hopes.

If you want to learn, I can help. If you want some system, I can't.

Here's what you can do.

1. Change your attitude !!! Markets pay you to make decisions which are tough, but correct. Market's don't know who Karan Is. Hence, stop being afraid and be prepared to work hard.

2. Read these two books. Master the trade by John Carter and Trading in the zone by Michael Douglas. In the first book you will find many strategies that really work. You will need to master any one of them. But you will have to MASTER it. Second book will get you to think positively and it will help you a lot psychologically.

There's no System which can do the hard work which you have to do. I am sorry if this disappoints you. But this is the most I can help you with. I dont sell systems neither do I give tips. I believe in analysis and that is the path I can show you. I'll definitely help you if you have doubts when you read those books or for the matter any book you find resourceful. But beyond that, I cant do much and that is an honest reply.

Tc
Sir,

Honestly I had read 125 Pages of Mastering the Trade till yesterday.

As advised by Simple Trader, I started reading your thread today and after just Page 1, I know what all I require for Trading, I can get it from you.
I can regain my Confidence, I can cover all my losses definately, it may take few years for which I am ready.

Sir, trust me I feel only reading your thread is more than anything for a Trader

Sir, with your guidance, if God wishes I will be out of all my bad days.

Kindly help me with your guidance.

Regards
Karan

rrmhatre72

Sorry I din see your message in time.

I guess you are safe as of now. Most you could have done is buy call options since IV's are running so low. This makes call options cheap (not expensive). Anyway you have shorted at a descent level and even if you failed to buy protection today, you can do so tomorrow.

Tc
Thanks Raunak.
Pls share your views if I Short 5500PE @114.
This will help me protecting from time dekay also.