• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingKing

Thanks Raunak.
Pls share your views if I Short 5500PE @114.
This will help me protecting from time dekay also.
If you have shorted the Index, buying a Call option for protection is more desirable than shorting a Put option. IV's are low, hence you wont get much premium in shorting options. Its better you focus on buying call options.

Tc

MurAtt

he he .. not a second too sooner for my post to appear here .. and see .........

How I wish everytime I write something here (or elsewhere) tis should happen :thumb:

SwingKing

Are you expecting a slide ....

I am expecting an upmove to 5530 at leastand then 5700 ... and 6K by Sept.

:)
SM,

I am no one to argue with the markets. But I am heavily short on the Index with adequate protection. In the month of July, I had given Index target of 5470 based on some projections. I still feel that around these levels markets would be making an intermediate high. I dont see markets moving much beyond these levels.

Tc

MurAtt

BUT

Yes .. one thing to note is that in the last 3 days (incl today) a lots of cats and dogs are moving like cats and dogs !!!!

So maybe a small warning signal BUT Options OI suggests an upmove ... 5300CE OI almost over and out, 5400 reduces almost 15-17% today and at 4.5mil whereas 5300PE OI is at 9mil plus and 5400 PE OI been increasing since the last 3 days .. and today +1.2 mil to touch 8mil OI now the second highest overall ....

simple_trader

SM,

I am too in bearish side after 5500-5550 range is touched. I am yet to enter in short trade. I think NF will fall to 5100 by end of August series. Will trade mostly with PUT, so that I do not have to think of SL. Will go for vacation after that :)

It will be interesting time ahead. You can be right as well. But I will bet what I understand.

Happy Trading!!

rrmhatre72

SM,

I am no one to argue with the markets. But I am heavily short on the Index with adequate protection. In the month of July, I had given Index target of 5470 based on some projections. I still feel that around these levels markets would be making an intermediate high. I dont see markets moving much beyond these levels.

Tc
Hi Raunak,

I have bought 5400CE @110 to protect my position in NF sold
@5445. Just want to understand how protection will work. I am planning to hold this position till Aug end. There may be two cases at the end of Aug.
1. Nifty @5200: I will be in profit as my lower breakeven will be
5335(5445-110)-5200=135point.
2. Nifty @5700 : I will be in loss. My call will be @300. Hence net gain in call will be 190point(300-110) but I will be loosing in NF 255 points(5700-5445). So my net loss will be 65 points(190-255)

Am I correct in my understanding?
My view is bearish on market. In this case should I put some stoploss if market starts moving upside?
Is there any point where I should reverse my trade?
OR should I add further lots for my barish view if market move up further?
Pls advice.

Karanm

Sir,

I had being reading your thread since morning and found it can be turning Point for me.
I want to start Trading under your Guidnace and with your help.
I would like to take Positional Trades in three of your Set ups :
Rectangle Pattern
3 - 4 Week Swing Trade
3 - 4 Days Swing Trading

I also found my mail sent to you on 18/1/2010 (Post # 263) requesting AFL for Metastock for EOD Data as all Set ups are Positional.

Sir, go through your thread, you have helped every one, Kindly help me also.

I request you to finalize two Set ups for me and give me their AFL for Metastock.

I will start Trading by investing Rs.10,000/- in each Trade with your help & Guidance. Along with this I will keep on Reading Books recommended by you and learn.

I hope you will help me and oblidge.

Regards
Karan