• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Karanm

Sir,

Thanks for your supporting reply, all I can say- May God Bless you.

As advised, kindly Recommend the Posiional Set Up you feel is the best for me
I will prefer to Trade in Cash, only Buying with very Small Investments. If possible Metastock AFL For Metastock EOD Charts.

Lastly how much Amibroker will Cost me along with EOD Data and from where I
will get it as I know only Metastock Data Vendor.

Thanks once again. Kindly Reply.

Regards
Karan

Apurv7164

Hey Guys,

Kindly have a look on chart of IFB Ind. IMO, it is resuming upward journey after having lil rest and consolidation.

Break out confirmations:

1> RSI (9) breaking out of down TL as well as breaking above previous peak
2> +DMI (13) breaking above its previous peak
3> Low volume during consolidation and significantly high volume on break out
4> ADX (8) moving above level of 20 to 25

Feel free to correct me if I am going wrong anywhere...

~ Apurv

Last edited:

SwingKing

Sir,

Thanks for your supporting reply, all I can say- May God Bless you.

As advised, kindly Recommend the Posiional Set Up you feel is the best for me
I will prefer to Trade in Cash, only Buying with very Small Investments. If possible Metastock AFL For Metastock EOD Charts.

Lastly how much Amibroker will Cost me along with EOD Data and from where I
will get it as I know only Metastock Data Vendor.

Thanks once again. Kindly Reply.

Regards
Karan
Karan,

What is your holding period going to be?

Tc

SwingKing

Sir,

It can be 3 days or 3 Months, depends on the Set Up and your guidance.
My only desire is a small Success with Patiance and regular Trading because I have seen only failure for a very very long time.

Regards
Karan
Karan,

What you can do is go to "Stock to keep close eye on" thread and from there take asnavale's system. He has posted it with AFL. For a start that system should be very good for you. Just follow that till you learn and develop your own system. And dear don't worry about losses. Just be consistent. Keep your emotions in check. Everything will work out well. Stay in equities initially. Don't take a dip in futures.

Tc

SwingKing

Hey Guys,

Kindly have a look on chart of IFB Ind. IMO, it is resuming upward journey after having lil rest and consolidation.

Break out confirmations:

1> RSI (9) breaking out of down TL as well as breaking above previous peak
2> +DMI (13) breaking above its previous peak
3> Low volume during consolidation and significantly high volume on break out
4> ADX (8) moving above level of 20 to 25

Feel free to correct me if I am going wrong anywhere...

~ Apurv
It's in a very strong uptrend Apurv. But let it cool off a bit. Accumulating it from levels of 130 would be ideal. Fundamentally this company will do good in coming years. Business model is very encouraging.

Tc

Karanm

Karan,

What you can do is go to "Stock to keep close eye on" thread and from there take asnavale's system. He has posted it with AFL. For a start that system should be very good for you. Just follow that till you learn and develop your own system. And dear don't worry about losses. Just be consistent. Keep your emotions in check. Everything will work out well. Stay in equities initially. Don't take a dip in futures.

Tc
Sir,

With due respect to you I would request you - I would prefer Start Trading with your Set Up, Help & Guidance.

After a long time I am feeling bit confident to Start Trading.

You suggest anything which you feel good for me and I will follow the set up.
Honestly Sir, I will request for some Set Up like Turtle Plus One with AFL.

I will definately study Asnavale's Sir System.

Sir, kindly try to understand my probelm, if I will carry on searching new Set Ups, I will remain confused and will never Trade with confidence because I will keep on comparing the different Set Ups and at the end of the day I will be just comparing the things & searching the better one.

Sir, kindly help me, suggest me the Best Suitable Set Up for Positional Trading, may be from 3 Days to 3 Months with AFL (if required I will shift to Amibroker)

Regards
Karan

SwingKing

Sir,

With due respect to you I would request you - I would prefer Start Trading with your Set Up, Help & Guidance.

After a long time I am feeling bit confident to Start Trading.

You suggest anything which you feel good for me and I will follow the set up.
Honestly Sir, I will request for some Set Up like Turtle Plus One with AFL.

I will definately study Asnavale's Sir System.

Sir, kindly try to understand my probelm, if I will carry on searching new Set Ups, I will remain confused and will never Trade with confidence because I will keep on comparing the different Set Ups and at the end of the day I will be just comparing the things & searching the better one.

Sir, kindly help me, suggest me the Best Suitable Set Up for Positional Trading, may be from 3 Days to 3 Months with AFL (if required I will shift to Amibroker)

Regards
Karan
Karan,

I understand your problem, but you want a quick fix solution to your problems. I am afraid to say, this does not exist.

I have mentioned many times on this thread that I don't trade through systems. Some times (only some times) when I scalp, I trade with systems. I am a medium term trader/investor and hence my analysis has lot to do with subjectivity. I dont have a setup/system which gives buy/sell signals. I have a customized software, which suggests whether the asset is worth investing or not based on Fundamental and Technical parameters. That software is something on which we operate our funds and i cant release it in a forum.

I suggested you Asnavale's setup because it is something that works. He has explained it beautifully. It is a positional based system. Hence that should be good for you to start with. later on you can read and develop your own system.

Tc

rrmhatre72

I'll ask you to post this query in options thread for a detailed overview. Also, if you are bearish in the market, you could also have followed what ST said, that is, simply buying put options.

Anyway with the strategy you have mentioned, I think you should be fine. Only concern is options eating away your profit. However, if you are a conservative trader, then this should work out well for you.

Whether markets will move up or not is difficult to answer. Indications have been for long that weakness is lurking underneath. But when does it materialize is something very difficult to answer.

Keep a SL of 5575 - 5600 in mind. I doubt we will reach 5600 levels. But then, I have been proven wrong so many times that it makes me feel really old at times. This is where Risk management comes into the foray.

Tc
Thanks Raunak,

I am trying to undertsnd risk management concept.
I agree with my position(NF short @5445 & 5400CE buy @110) I have risk of max65points. if I am carrying positions till Aug End & if market is above 5335(this is break even).
I know Option is eating my profit. but is there any solution to it?
Pls advice me how should I play in the market with this position.
Or how experience traders like you will trade in this case?

You have indicated in one of the post that you are short in market with adequate protection. If you can share one example of your protection then it will be helpful to understand concept better.

Karanm

Karan,

I understand your problem, but you want a quick fix solution to your problems. I am afraid to say, this does not exist.

I have mentioned many times on this thread that I don't trade through systems. Some times (only some times) when I scalp, I trade with systems. I am a medium term trader/investor and hence my analysis has lot to do with subjectivity. I dont have a setup/system which gives buy/sell signals. I have a customized software, which suggests whether the asset is worth investing or not based on Fundamental and Technical parameters. That software is something on which we operate our funds and i cant release it in a forum.

I suggested you Asnavale's setup because it is something that works. He has explained it beautifully. It is a positional based system. Hence that should be good for you to start with. later on you can read and develop your own system.

Tc
Sir,

I have never mentioned that I need a quick solution to my Probelms.

All I wanted was to Trade with a Set Up & AFL given by you under your guidance, my Bad luck but still what all you did for me all these days, I will always remember.

Lastly Sir, do you any idea on which Page no. or Post# I will get Set Up & AFL of Ansavale Sir, as the Thread is of more than 1100 Pages.

Thanks once again.

Regards
Karan