• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingKing

Thanks Raunak,

I am trying to undertsnd risk management concept.
I agree with my position(NF short @5445 & 5400CE buy @110) I have risk of max65points. if I am carrying positions till Aug End & if market is above 5335(this is break even).
I know Option is eating my profit. but is there any solution to it?
Pls advice me how should I play in the market with this position.
Or how experience traders like you will trade in this case?

You have indicated in one of the post that you are short in market with adequate protection. If you can share one example of your protection then it will be helpful to understand concept better.
It entirely depends on your risk appetite. For me, protection does not mean buying options. When I am short on Index, and the Index keeps rising, I simply open up long futures positions in stocks which are making the Index move higher. As stocks in the short run, tend to outperform the Index, I gain in long futures and if I am right shorting the markets, I gain in that too. Else, I close my positions. The key here is to know the volatility component in each instrument and choosing optimum position size to offset the losses in Index with the gain in Stock futures. Its a bit complex, but I hope you got the gist of it.

Tc

SwingKing

Sir,

I have never mentioned that I need a quick solution to my Probelms.

All I wanted was to Trade with a Set Up & AFL given by you under your guidance, my Bad luck but still what all you did for me all these days, I will always remember.

Lastly Sir, do you any idea on which Page no. or Post# I will get Set Up & AFL of Ansavale Sir, as the Thread is of more than 1100 Pages.

Thanks once again.

Regards
Karan
There are two threads both started by Savant. In one of the thread, on the first page, Anant's AFL is there with the page numbers. You will find it there.

http://www.traderji.com/equities/29292-stocks-keep-close-eye-chapter-ii.html

Here's the link.

Tc

Last edited:

SwingKing

Raunak Ji what to do with ESSAR SHIPPING @ 90. I have this baby.Today up 15%
Sir,Can we buy ABB now.
If it is rallying, let it rally. Keep a trailing stop loss.

Sector to which ABB belongs is performing miserably. There are many good sectors out there to invest in. Even if ABB bounces, it is not going to trend anytime soon. Better to enter when it trends.

Tc

Though asc triangle on 5 min chart can be used one can not do back testing of such subjective strategy and thus probability study for live market. For beginers it makes sense to use just objective strategies like MA etc...

MurAtt

A lot is going around about Andrew Yule as of a few days ...
Can u give your insight re the same ...

more like it has a stake of TIDE WATER OIL and AY stake, Govt has more than 97%, so as per new rules it has to bring IPO/FPO and value would be unlocked.

Like its more of a medium/long term view and not a get rich scheme ....

As you already know, I can hold it till ages if it gives me decent returns :D

SwingKing

A lot is going around about Andrew Yule as of a few days ...
Can u give your insight re the same ...

more like it has a stake of TIDE WATER OIL and AY stake, Govt has more than 97%, so as per new rules it has to bring IPO/FPO and value would be unlocked.

Like its more of a medium/long term view and not a get rich scheme ....

As you already know, I can hold it till ages if it gives me decent returns :D
SM,

I'll still stay away from these If's and But's. Till the price begins to move, I'll prefer to not listen to any of this. I am more comfortable in catching a trend, riding it and exiting it when I have some profits. Rather than, buying something first, sitting on it and waiting for the trend to appear. Its just more stress free.

Tc

Apurv7164

Sir,

Thanks for your supporting reply, all I can say- May God Bless you.

As advised, kindly Recommend the Posiional Set Up you feel is the best for me
I will prefer to Trade in Cash, only Buying with very Small Investments. If possible Metastock AFL For Metastock EOD Charts.

Lastly how much Amibroker will Cost me along with EOD Data and from where I
will get it as I know only Metastock Data Vendor.

Thanks once again. Kindly Reply.

Regards
Karan
Karan,

It seems you missed my last post regarding buying amibroker... here it is again...

I would not suggest spending money on software initially rather spend those on experiments and buying books. You can start with free charts available on many sites online. Once you are sure and confirmed that technical trading is the business you can make money with, you can go ahead and buy it.

But still if you want to buy AmiBroker, you can visit their site online and download trial version. Then make payment and they will send you required details to register your trial version. This is what I did when I bought it.

Regarding EOD data, you can get search on the forum and will find many free data sources as well as paid data vendors also.

Bests,
Apurv

P.S. If you observe my charts, they are many times from online site even if I have licensed AmiBroker. It is just because initially I started with this site and I m still equally loving it so sometimes using it when AmiBroker is not handy. Also it is something like regards for that site where I started from.

Karanm

Karan,

It seems you missed my last post regarding buying amibroker... here it is again...

I would not suggest spending money on software initially rather spend those on experiments and buying books. You can start with free charts available on many sites online. Once you are sure and confirmed that technical trading is the business you can make money with, you can go ahead and buy it.

But still if you want to buy AmiBroker, you can visit their site online and download trial version. Then make payment and they will send you required details to register your trial version. This is what I did when I bought it.

Regarding EOD data, you can get search on the forum and will find many free data sources as well as paid data vendors also.

Bests,
Apurv

P.S. If you observe my charts, they are many times from online site even if I have licensed AmiBroker. It is just because initially I started with this site and I m still equally loving it so sometimes using it when AmiBroker is not handy. Also it is something like regards for that site where I started from.
Sir,

There are times when a person can not express his feelings in words, I hope you will agree to this truth of life.

Regards
Karan