Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apurv7164

I usually avoid this type of sudden increase in price. Usually they are news/event driven. Or in other situation, stock has already lost steam in most cases. I would not trade it for swing trading on daily chart. I would wait how much steam it has left in next couple of days.

However, I wud surely keep this stock on my radar for the opportunity on weekly chart for mid term/kindda investment trades.... Current week needs to be completed for my weekly analysis of breakout.

Btw, my gut feeling is that it can be good mid term trade.. let us see how does it take shape in near future. This has been in my watchlist for last couple of days.

Bests,
Apurv

Apurv7164

Still long on DLF.

As of now stop loss is somewhere around 313 ..

Tc
is this for swing or scalp trading sirji? Kindly share your analysis if you don't mind....

I dont want to sound utterly pessimistic but weekly chart and weekly ADX is not giving me confidence. I may want to wait for taking mid term call on this.

-Ve
1> Price is struggling to cross 50 & 100 weekly EMA
2> Weekly +DMI(13) not gettting dominance..
3> Last ADX peak was -ADX peak and was above the ADX peak before that which was also -ADX peak telling me during last ADX peak bears were still in control. However, last 2 -ADX peaks were around or below level of 25 so that is lil relaxation and last -DMI(13) peak did not go above -DMI(13) peak right before that kindda double top on -DMI.

Positives:
1> I cud see positive on daily chart is 20 EMA cross and hold 50 EMA...
2> Also +DMI(13) holding above -DMI(13) during retracements...
3> weekly 20 EMA is crossed by price and still holding that level....
4> Some of the other infra & realty stocks has already entered in mid term bull phase so we may expect this also to join the train....

Bests,
Apurv

SwingKing

is this for swing or scalp trading sirji? Kindly share your analysis if you don't mind....

I dont want to sound utterly pessimistic but weekly chart and ADX is not giving me confidence. I may want to wait for taking mid term call on this.

-Ve
1> Price is struggling to cross 50 & 100 weekly EMA
2> Weekly +DMI(13) not gettting dominance..
3> Last ADX peak was -ADX peak and was above the ADX peak before that which was also -ADX peak telling me during last ADX peak bears were still in control. However, last 2 -ADX peaks were around or below level of 25 so that is lil relaxation and last -DMI(13) peak did not go above -DMI(13) peak right before that kindda double top on -DMI.

Positives:
1> I cud see positive on daily chart is 20 EMA cross and hold 50 EMA...
2> Also +DMI(13) holding above -DMI(13) during retracements...
3> weekly 20 EMA is crossed by price and still holding that level....
4> Some of the other infra & realty stocks has already entered in mid term bull phase so we may expect this also to join the train....

Bests,
Apurv
Just a trade I have picked up from 60 min time frame. If it stops out, well and good. Else, I will carry it to higher time frame.

Tc

Apurv7164

Just a trade I have picked up from 60 min time frame. If it stops out, well and good. Else, I will carry it to higher time frame.

Tc
Kool, I do not have 60 min charts so no opinion. However, this is also in my radar since couple of weeks but not daring to take swing call on daily chart because of over all market position (i want to be min 50% liquid) and also time differece. I dont want my account to have significant depreciation when i m sleeping during night hours....

Btw, kindly see chart of omaxe. you may like it for mid term on retracement.

DanPickUp

Hi ST

Why not a bullish one ? Volume was on full power. Was there any bad news about this company ?

As you know, and as many others know, I do not trade any stocks.

I am a 90% technical trader and I only trade hedged futures and options and so it doe's not matter what chart or market I trade.

If it doe's not go up any more, what real strategy would you recommend and what would be the main reasons for you, to react now and not later ?

What about a synthetic put ?

As I say : I do not trade this stock, but as we are in a learning thread, what would be a real strategy to implement at this moment for this chart ?

This is the main question we have to ask our self every day, when implementing a strategy on any time frame in the market every day.

What will the market do next and what are we doing ?

What is your idea beside the synthetic put ? Is it just an idea from my side and as I know you as a " try it out " person, what other thoughts would you have on that situation ?

My questions are not mentioned to take you or any one back from any strategy you want to implement in the market. They are meant to be recognized and analyzed from the traders in this thread, with there own ideas.

As this is a thread from raunakagarwal, we know the seriousness of this thread and if I post here any thing, it stays on that level.

Take care

DanPickUp

Last edited:
Hi Dan,

Thanks for raising questions. First of all, I trade less in stocks as well. My max volume in index future and option. I do not trade future option hedged strategy, rather I go for option or future in straight way. And when I am in doubt or I need to carry position on weekend etc., I hedge future position with option or option position with future etc.

I guess sometime people may think, why I give some of the bullish stocks for downside move. The thing is I feel if we can find a pivot point (i.e. price changing point), and use it with tight SL, it would work in our favor most of the cases. Some cases, trade may not work, then we can go out with small SL.

About TITAN, yes it is bullish stock that we can see clearly from chart. I do not prefer to trade based on news, or I can put it like this, I get to know about news very late :( So I do not know what would be news.

I may be wrong, I guess TITAN has formed evening star kind of pattern in EOD chart. So if I have to trade, I would initiate short in some % retracement of the last EOD candle and with some tight SL, in case it clicks for a day, I would carry for 2-3 days.

Also, I have given this based on my understanding of over all market as well. Hope this clarifies my thought process.

Unfortunately we can not trade this stock with option as it does not have liquidity.

Happy Trading!

Last edited: