Trading With CrossOver And BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavantGarde

Hi Doc,

I Am Glad You Are Ok 'JAI BABA'

You Or Anybody Never Need Any Permission & Teaching Or Giving Knowledge Has Its Own Rewards & Can Never Be Compared To Anything That Is Out There.

By The Way Besides BB 9,2 Setting There Is Yet Another Which Is 20,3 With 20,3 Setting 98% Times It Will Move Down If It Touches Upper BB, Especially True Of Upper BB.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Yes Sir Far Better Than I Talked To You Last Time (90% Improvement). Huge Loss Is I Missed A Chance To See You During This Period.

I Told One Of My Friend Whatever You Taught Us About CrossOver And BB. Today Afternoon He Called Me To Tell How Useful It Is. Now He Is Planning To Teach These Things To His Clients (He Is Sub-Broker). I Assume Permission Granted From Your Side. Just Sending His Many Many Thanks To You.

Thanks.:)

docvijay4u

'JAI BABA'

Thanks For Giving Update On BB 20,3. Will You Please Tell Where We Should Use It I Mean During Positional Or Intraday Trading? Is It Replacement For 9,2 Or Alternative?

Hi Doc,

I Am Glad You Are Ok 'JAI BABA'

You Or Anybody Never Need Any Permission & Teaching Or Giving Knowledge Has Its Own Rewards & Can Never Be Compared To Anything That Is Out There.

By The Way Besides BB 9,2 Setting There Is Yet Another Which Is 20,3 With 20,3 Setting 98% Times It Will Move Down If It Touches Upper BB, Especially True Of Upper BB.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Mangafreakz

Hi Doc,

Welcome Back ! Hope Everything Is Better At Your End.

It Really Doesn't Matter Who The Threads Belong To As Long As Folks Learn Something Useful....& For That The Credit Goes To You & Prasad For Starting This Crossover Thread...In My Opinion Crossover & BB Can Become Very Useful Tools For A Day Trader, Prasad Has Given Us Sufficient Examples With Live Trading.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde
Agreed Sir , Crossover and BB are very important and every starter like me should try to learn this. Thank you to all the participants of the thread , specially its easy to learn from the Charts.

SavantGarde

'JAI BABA'

Doc,

BB 20,3 Is Not An Alternative, But Works Well For Upper BB With More Certainity That The Price Will Come Down If It Touches Or Pierces Upper BB,
Whereas, BB 9,2 Is Useful Because Of The Bars That Follow The Piercing Or Touching To Know Whether It Is Breaking Out On The Upside Or Not.

Basically For Intraday, But Works Well On EOD As Well.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

'JAI BABA'

Thanks For Giving Update On BB 20,3. Will You Please Tell Where We Should Use It I Mean During Positional Or Intraday Trading? Is It Replacement For 9,2 Or Alternative?

lancer

'JAI BABA'

Doc,

BB 20,3 Is Not An Alternative, But Works Well For Upper BB With More Certainity That The Price Will Come Down If It Touches Or Pierces Upper BB,
Whereas, BB 9,2 Is Useful Because Of The Bars That Follow The Piercing Or Touching To Know Whether It Is Breaking Out On The Upside Or Not.

Basically For Intraday, But Works Well On EOD As Well.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

'JAI BABA'

Hi Savant,

Talking of intraday trading I find that :-

1. 9, 2 BB set up and observing the upper band piercing of the Green bar follwed by a Red bar and lower band piercing of the Red bar follwed by a Green one on 3/5 mins TF does give a clear indication of the end of uptrend and downtrend respectively( SAR). It realy comes handy in volatile days; when one is trading with a lot a Stock Futures with a high beta counter. It is irrespective of the 5,6 SMA crossovers as they keep on criss crossing the day over.

2. When I take the help of sochs.with the movement of fast moving line being over the slow one or below it, the end of uptrend or downtrend is completely confirmed. Practically, it bocomes very confusing when too more indicators are used.

3. Help of 20 SMA to ensure that the swing uptend is intact, when the candlesticks are clustered above it or the swing downtrend has started when they are below it. It gives an indication whether to carry forward a position to the next day or wait for the new dawn.

4. On real time basis the success rate if about 95 %; I look back on the charts at the EOD.

5. However a sense of self denial gets imbibed in my Phsychie when the price goes below the purchase price and I loose out on the trades.:confused:

Have my fundas gone wrong somewhere ? Should I go back to the drawing boards and start paper trading again to get confidence and rid of the self denial ??

Wishes,

Lancer.

SavantGarde

'JAI BABA'

Hi Lancer,

It Is Not Self Denial, But Being A Bull At Heart...Who Is Not Very Comfortable With Shorting...But A TSL Or S/L Is Must For Both Short & Long Positions.

It Is A Rare Quality In A Trader To Be Equally Comfortable With Long & Short.

Agreed That BB 9,2 Works Well, 20,3 Was Mentioned For Those Not Trading Frequently.

Sometimes, What You Have Is A Continuation Pattern If Talking About Candlestick & BB Piercing, Where After The Incidence Of Piercing You Will Have A 2-4 Bars Of Opposite Movement Only To Continue In The Direction Of Piercing.....& With This BB Also Expands Rapidly.

Any Doubts That You Have At Particular Times Will Get Ironed Out With Time & Experience, There Is No Quick Fix To It. Considering Most Times You Are Trading Successfully Is Very Good.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

'JAI BABA'

Hi Savant,

Talking of intraday trading I find that :-

1. 9, 2 BB set up and observing the upper band piercing of the Green bar follwed by a Red bar and lower band piercing of the Red bar follwed by a Green one on 3/5 mins TF does give a clear indication of the end of uptrend and downtrend respectively( SAR). It realy comes handy in volatile days; when one is trading with a lot a Stock Futures with a high beta counter. It is irrespective of the 5,6 SMA crossovers as they keep on criss crossing the day over.

2. When I take the help of sochs.with the movement of fast moving line being over the slow one or below it, the end of uptrend or downtrend is completely confirmed. Practically, it bocomes very confusing when too more indicators are used.

3. Help of 20 SMA to ensure that the swing uptend is intact, when the candlesticks are clustered above it or the swing downtrend has started when they are below it. It gives an indication whether to carry forward a position to the next day or wait for the new dawn.

4. On real time basis the success rate if about 95 %; I look back on the charts at the EOD.

5. However a sense of self denial gets imbibed in my Phsychie when the price goes below the purchase price and I loose out on the trades.:confused:

Have my fundas gone wrong somewhere ? Should I go back to the drawing boards and start paper trading again to get confidence and rid of the self denial ??

Wishes,

Lancer.

scorpio77

Hi Doc,

Wish you a speedy recovery! Great to see you posting again. Take care of your health.

Regards,

Scorpio
Yes Sir Far Better Than I Talked To You Last Time (90% Improvement). Huge Loss Is I Missed A Chance To See You During This Period.

I Told One Of My Friend Whatever You Taught Us About CrossOver And BB. Today Afternoon He Called Me To Tell How Useful It Is. Now He Is Planning To Teach These Things To His Clients (He Is Sub-Broker). I Assume Permission Granted From Your Side. Just Sending His Many Many Thanks To You.

Status
Not open for further replies.