Trading With CrossOver And BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

findvikas

jay gurudev
hi doc ,
friday i buy megasoft @Rs.25 for short term. whats his furture . hold or sold what i do .and please explain me pivot .
Feeling lucky today ??? :D, MidCap IT is a good space to be in.. so hold it tight with trailing stop loss or 2% from current levels.. its expected to touch 42-46-50

prasadam

Should I still use 5 and 6 SMA if I am trading with EOD charts or should I consider some other range? Reason for asking is... by the time a crossover is seen and the market opens the next day.. there ca be a significant difference is price... is there any solution to this?

Regards,
Hardik
welcome to this thread Mr. Hardik.

yes my friend. only cross on EOD charts, but, the thing is, the crossover should continued the next day also.

In fact, in intra day trade also we take entry on the bar after the cross over bar, there by confirming the continuation of the cross over.

If you see savant ji's stocks to keep a eye thread, some of the short term triggers are based on this crossover only. and further, in case of buys, the the trigger prices should be above yesterday's high. which means, continuation of the cross over.

prasad.

welcome to this thread Mr. Hardik.

yes my friend. only cross on EOD charts, but, the thing is, the crossover should continued the next day also.

In fact, in intra day trade also we take entry on the bar after the cross over bar, there by confirming the continuation of the cross over.

If you see savant ji's stocks to keep a eye thread, some of the short term triggers are based on this crossover only. and further, in case of buys, the the trigger prices should be above yesterday's high. which means, continuation of the cross over.

prasad.
Hi Prasadam,

Thanks for the clarification...

I think I do understand the basics of what/how this strategy works.

Just to clarify further, I am attaching graphs of 3 scrpts for last few weeks with My understanding of buy and sell triggers. Could you please check it and let me know what mistakes I am making.

Regards,
hardik

Please note that the blue line is 5SMA and Red is 6SMA.

Attachments

cnbondre

Hi Prasadam,

Please note that the blue line is 5SMA and Red is 6SMA.
Hi,

Hardik,

Nice presentation. Very well explained. I am a novice in this method. You have filled the problems I faced earlier when I tried to understand this straegy at my early stages of learning. Your post and expected viewes from the seniors will be a long lasting record in this thread for newcomers.
Thanks

May God bless you.

CNB:thumb:

SavantGarde

Hi Hardik,

Most Of What You Have Understood Is Correct....

You Need To Fine Tune The Exits....Not Waiting For Bearish Crossover For Confirmation.

You Have A Trailing S/L Based On Previous Bars & Previous Lows Perhaps Going Back 2 Or 3 Bars....To Start Exiting In Small Quantities...

Or You Can Base The Trailing S/L Based On SMA...Which Is As Follows:

Next Day After Entry 50-SMA...Thereafter Keep Recalculating The SMA Reducing A Day From It To Derive S/L For Next Day....Till You Have Reached 10 SMA....

To Illustrate This Further...

Monday You Make An Entry
On Tuesday You Calculate 50-SMA & That Is Your S/L For Tuesday
Then You Again Calculate EOD On Tuesday For 49-SMA & That Becomes Your S/L For Wednesday....So On & So Forth Till You Reach 10-SMA...

Now Coming To BB, If Upper BB Is Pierced Immediately Followed By A Red Candle...Then One Should Exit Entirely

Prasad Has Also Worked Out Some Kind Of S/L & Exits Based On Candle, Which He Will Explain It To You.

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde

Forgot To Mention One More Exit Option...

This One Is Based On 20 EMA...If The Candle Or Bar Atleast 60-70% Of The Height Is Below The 20-EMA Then Too One Should Exit Entirely.

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde
Hi Savant,

Thanks for the explanation...

Do you ever refer to ADX, DMI, or Parabolic Sar before entering into a position?

I used to refer to them for my initial trades in ASX and US Stock CFDs... (but it was all without a strategy tho..)

Regards,
Hardik

Hi Hardik,

I think you have gone through savant ji's post.

in addition the strategy I am following are posted here at post no. 576 and scorpio's strategy at post no. 577. please go through them.

will revert back at EOD.
Thanks a lot... this was very helpful...

I will carry on wiht Paper trades for few days and will definately update you with the progress..

Hardik

Status
Not open for further replies.