Trading With CrossOver And BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavantGarde

Hi Hardik...

With Proper Practice One Can Kill Just As Efficiently With Newspaper...Than With Some Lethal Weapon....

Keep It Simple....& That Should Keep You In Good Standing For A Long Time....:)

SavantGarde

Hi Savant,

Thanks for the explanation...

Do you ever refer to ADX, DMI, or Parabolic Sar before entering into a position?

I used to refer to them for my initial trades in ASX and US Stock CFDs... (but it was all without a strategy tho..)

Regards,
Hardik

Hi Hardik,

Most Of What You Have Understood Is Correct....

You Need To Fine Tune The Exits....Not Waiting For Bearish Crossover For Confirmation.

You Have A Trailing S/L Based On Previous Bars & Previous Lows Perhaps Going Back 2 Or 3 Bars....To Start Exiting In Small Quantities...

Or You Can Base The Trailing S/L Based On SMA...Which Is As Follows:

SavantGarde

Hi savant,

I Have asked few times in different threads but never got a reply... My broker Jhaveri Securities does not offer Trailing Stop loss service.. Does any brokers in India do? If yes could you please advise who?

Other option for me is to enter a s/l trade on daily basis but that wont be as effective :(

Regards,
hardik

prasadam

Hi savant,

I Have asked few times in different threads but never got a reply... My broker Jhaveri Securities does not offer Trailing Stop loss service.. Does any brokers in India do? If yes could you please advise who?

Other option for me is to enter a s/l trade on daily basis but that wont be as effective :(

Regards,
hardik
Sorry if I have missed you post regarding SL.

No broker is providing EOD stoplosses.

But, you will be exiting your trade on confirmation, that is next day after crossover,or what ever it is, you need not feed the SL order. If, do day you your stoploss is hit, you can exit tomorrow morning on confirmation, that price is below your stoploss level.

ofcourse, it will have its slippages, but, that is the trade off.

prasad.

SavantGarde

Hi Hardik,

It Is Not Unique To Your Broker Just That Dealer Terminal....Doesn't Have The Faciilty Yet...

So One Has To Do It Manually.

SavantGarde

Hi savant,

Regards,
hardik

prasadam

Thanks a lot... this was very helpful...

I will carry on wiht Paper trades for few days and will definately update you with the progress..

Hardik
since you are paper trading, try this also.

entry at the opening of next day, if the opening is above the close of 5 days back. i.e., if crossover happens on 20/08/2009, entry in the early hours of 21/08/2009 if the opening is higher than the close of 14/08/2009. which in effect shows on the charts that the crossover is continuing.

prasad.

since you are paper trading, try this also.

entry at the opening of next day, if the opening is above the close of 5 days back. i.e., if crossover happens on 20/08/2009, entry in the early hours of 21/08/2009 if the opening is higher than the close of 14/08/2009. which in effect shows on the charts that the crossover is continuing.

prasad.
I gotta start from Monday as I am quite busy at work today to go through charts... but could you advsie how do you shortlist the scripts before starting the analysis?

I mean there should be soem criteria lik:
-> No penny stocks
-> No stocks with bad news out in market... etc...

Regards,
hardik

prasadam

I gotta start from Monday as I am quite busy at work today to go through charts... but could you advsie how do you shortlist the scripts before starting the analysis?

I mean there should be soem criteria lik:
-> No penny stocks
-> No stocks with bad news out in market... etc...

Regards,
hardik
I may not be of any help. because I am day trader.

but, the setup will be same as positional trader because we go by average of a no. of bars (candles)only.

I believe some where in savant ji's threads ( don't remember which one) DJsinha has posted an exploration AFL. like wise CNB and DR. vijay also posted something.

please search and you may find them.

cheers.

prasad.

Status
Not open for further replies.