Trading without a loss!!!!

Bigbear

Please define "overtrading"
Hi TP,

Since there is a leverage factor in futures market and forex. Without safe money management, if we are using too much leverage. Then a very small move against us will trigger a margin call. The free margin should be large enough to withstand things which are not in our control.

:)

Bigbear

How much is "too much leverage" ??
It is called too much leverage, when you know you are right and you are not able to withstand price going against you anymore.....

Bigbear

Will give you an example from nifty in sometime, which happened to me.....

Bigbear

Dear TP,

This was a scenario in December 2011.
At that time.. Gold had fallen heavily and was a buying opportunity.

In the below picture around green circle... I thought gold would not go below 1560-1570 and had bought heavily near green circle at 1571 levels....

But i was so overexposed at that time that i couldn't even withstand gold coming down by 50$... Every dollar it came down was very important then.

And you know what was more awesome.. SG had told to buy gold near 153X levels ... Which is almost near the bottom of this uptrend.. But at that point, i was fully loaded....

It was a matter of time when gold had to go up from 153x levels... But the exposure was so much..... I had just then started to trade without a loss. I was mentally very exhausted. I did not even buy a single position then..

Some of the best traders in the world are out of the trading because of over trading..

But now after going through that... I am very careful while taking positions ..

hi friends,
i wud also like to add that trading when u r not supposed to trade is one of the most dangerous case of overtrading.
it is here where professionals says,
plan ur trade & trade ur plan.
dont even dare to take a position if it is out of ur trading plan no matter how lucrative oppurtunity it is, let it be...........:thumb: