Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

suppose at the end of trading day i.e at 3.30 PM ..I lost 50% margin ....how much time after 3.30 PM I'll get to deposit required fund to maintain the overnight carry forward margin ?
Hi megapixel,

Margin intraday trading stops at 3:15 PM. Before taking any overnight positions, the software checks to see if you have available funds. If you don't, you can't place the order in the first place. If you do, the funds are locked for the position.

megapixel

Hi megapixel,

Margin intraday trading stops at 3:15 PM. Before taking any overnight positions, the software checks to see if you have available funds. If you don't, you can't place the order in the first place. If you do, the funds are locked for the position.
my qyery was slightly different.....let me ask another way ..

say this is my trading history in a day ...

9.15 AM ------->I checked you have put NIFTY Carry Forward margin (28449.03 Rs) in dropbox excel. I placed NRML NIFTY 1 lot buy order .
2.15 PM-------->NIFTY sudden free fall. I lost 50% margin
3.15 PM --------> I did NOT square off my NRML buy order
3.30 PM --------->Market Closed

Query : What will happen to this position ?

I though of few possibilities though but not sure what happens actually ...

Possibility 1: No matter ...position will be squared off at 3.15 PM .

Possibility 2: If I add fund into trading a/c before 3.15 PM and at 3.15 PM if trading a/c show balance 28449.03 Rs then position will be carry forwarded.

Possibility 3: I'll be given some time upto 6.30 PM to add fund into my trading a/c to make carry forward balance 28449.03 Rs ..failing which position will be squared off .

Possibility 4: broker will add fund into trading a/c and levy an interest charge for the shortfall money.

Tell me which of the following will happen ?

Last edited:
hello rksv....when u commodity trading starts...in next year 2013 or 2014 or 2015 or no...... And new platform(odin..or nest trader) when lunch or no

my qyery was slightly different.....let me ask another way ..

say this is my trading history in a day ...

9.15 AM ------->I checked you have put NIFTY Carry Forward margin (28449.03 Rs) in dropbox excel. I placed NRML NIFTY 1 lot buy order .
2.15 PM-------->NIFTY sudden free fall. I lost 50% margin
3.15 PM --------> I did NOT square off my NRML buy order
3.30 PM --------->Market Closed

Query : What will happen to this position ?

I though of few possibilities though but not sure what happens actually ...

Possibility 1: No matter ...position will be squared off at 3.15 PM .

Possibility 2: If I add fund into trading a/c before 3.15 PM and at 3.15 PM if trading a/c show balance 28449.03 Rs then position will be carry forwarded.

Possibility 3: I'll be given some time upto 6.30 PM to add fund into my trading a/c to make carry forward balance 28449.03 Rs ..failing which position will be squared off .

Possibility 4: broker will add fund into trading a/c and levy an interest charge for the shortfall money.

Tell me which of the following will happen ?
Hi megapixel,

Sorry for the delay in replying. We don't add funds to client accounts and levy interest.

In this case, we don't let the margin fall below the requirements. If it falls below this level and the client doesn't fund the account by 3:15 PM, the position will be squared off.

megapixel

Hi megapixel,

Sorry for the delay in replying. We don't add funds to client accounts and levy interest.

In this case, we don't let the margin fall below the requirements. If it falls below this level and the client doesn't fund the account by 3:15 PM, the position will be squared off.
Ok. Thanks ...I guessed that.

But you know if the NIFTY fall happens say at 3.10 PM ....so we will have only 5 minutes to add fund to save our position .....This seems difficult....How we can save our position in such cases ?What are your suggestions ?

Should we keep more funds or enough margins than required margin in a/c to avoid such situations ?

Ok. Thanks ...I guessed that.

But you know if the NIFTY fall happens say at 3.10 PM ....so we will have only 5 minutes to add fund to save our position .....This seems difficult....How we can save our position in such cases ?What are your suggestions ?

Should we keep more funds or enough margins than required margin in a/c to avoid such situations ?
Hi megapixel,

Ideally, yes if you keep slightly more funds as margin it would be best. In case there is a margin short-fall, or if the value drastically falls (say for a stock future instead of NIFTY futures), and we can't get a hold of you -- our risk managers have to take a decision. It's best if you keep your account somewhat funded so we don't have to square off your positions :)

megapixel

Hi megapixel,

Ideally, yes if you keep slightly more funds as margin it would be best. In case there is a margin short-fall, or if the value drastically falls (say for a stock future instead of NIFTY futures), and we can't get a hold of you -- our risk managers have to take a decision. It's best if you keep your account somewhat funded so we don't have to square off your positions :)
OK...excellent.....that looks fine.

However how much extra fund should be fine ? how about +5% of the carry forward margin ?

The reason I'm asking is because of volatility .....suppose next day morning I find you posted a high carry forward margin due to global cues....so again I may have to add fund to save my position next day.

so keeping 5% extra fund in the a/c is good enough ? Please share your experience and suggestion.
what is the best practice here ?