VKR's 4HL INTRADAY/SWING TRADE SETUP

karthik_sri

Dear VKR,
I have gone thru your post yday and done backtesting on ICICIBANK scrip in NSE market. The results were mind blowing with successful intraday trades:thumb:. i have attached the excel sheet for your views & comments. Thanks for sharing this setup. The back testing was from the period 1st Oct-25th Nov'09.

Cheers,
Karthik.

Karanm

Dear VKR,
I have gone thru your post yday and done backtesting on ICICIBANK scrip in NSE market. The results were mind blowing with successful intraday trades:thumb:. i have attached the excel sheet for your views & comments. Thanks for sharing this setup. The back testing was from the period 1st Oct-25th Nov'09.

Cheers,
Karthik.
What is 37.35% at the end of your Excel Sheet?

abhiwhy

HI veluri
thanks for such a nice thread,
your technique technique seems quite good and i too using similar set up which i would like to share , may this provide some helpful outcomes .

i use atr indicator for confirming the direction of market.

for bullish market we have , higher haighs and higer lows

for bear market lower highs and lower lows .

now suppose market is above it and bullish in daily chart , so it means that market is bullish in short or intermediate term .

now if prise is going to increase it need to make higher highs (no matter where it is going to close )

so we are going to look for inside or outside market if today range is inside previous range we are not going to trade due to inside market but in case of an outside market i.e., price breaking previous high we will enter into long position .and book profit as the price makes an new high .

opposite is also true we could short if price is below atr indicator and price breaks previous low in intraday .

any questions or suggestion are most welcomed .

atr afl for amibroker

_SECTION_BEGIN("ATRtrading");
period = Param("Period", 13, 1, 240, 1);
mult = Param("Multiplier", 1.7, 1, 240, 0.1);

f=ATR(period);

VS[0] = Close[0];
trend[0] = 0;
HighC[0]=0;
Lowc[0]=0;

for( i = period+1; i < BarCount; i++ )
{

vs = vs[i-1];
trend = trend[i-1];
highC = HighC[i-1];
lowc = lowc[i-1];

if ((trend>=0) && ( C <VS ))
{
trend =-1;
HighC = C;
lowc = C;
}

if ((trend<=0) && (C >VS))
{
trend=1;
HighC = C;
lowc = C;
}

if (trend==-1)
{
if (C<lowc) lowc = C;
VS= lowc+ (mult*f);
}

if (trend==1)
{
if (C>HighC) HighC = C;
VS= HighC-(mult*f);
}

}

Buy=Cross(Trend,0);
Sell=Cross(0, Trend);

Plot(Close,"Close",colorBlack,styleCandle);
Plot(VS, "Vol Stop",IIf(trend==1,10,11 ),styleThick);

mkol = IIf( Trend==1, 10, 11);
Plot(5, "ribbon", mkol, styleOwnScale|styleArea|styleNoLabel, 0, -5); // Weekly trend

shape = Buy * shapeUpArrow + Sell * shapeDownArrow;
PlotShapes( shape, IIf( Buy, colorBlue, colorRed ), 0, IIf( Buy, Low-f, High+f));
_SECTION_END();

for e.g.,in this period not a single day loss , but technique provides only good entry exit and sl u have to select on ur own .

happy trading

abhi :clap:

Last edited:

veluri1967

Dear VKR,

Cheers,
Karthik.
Thanks for the effort. Any set up need to be tested over a time. Your effort will help to build a stronger strategy.

What I observed from your excel sheet, almost all of the trades triggered before 12:00 PM.

Its a way of request. Can u post some backtesting results on Unitech.

veluri1967

HI veluri
thanks for such a nice thread,
your technique technique seems quite good and i too using similar set up which i would like to share , may this provide some helpful outcomes .

i use atr indicator for confirming the direction of market.

for bullish market we have , higher haighs and higer lows

for bear market lower highs and lower lows .

now suppose market is above it and bullish in daily chart , so it means that market is bullish in short or intermediate term .

now if prise is going to increase it need to make higher highs (no matter where it is going to close )

so we are going to look for inside or outside market if today range is inside previous range we are not going to trade due to inside market but in case of an outside market i.e., price breaking previous high we will enter into long position .and book profit as the price makes an new high .

opposite is also true we could short if price is below atr indicator and price breaks previous low in intraday .

any questions or suggestion are most welcomed .
Thanks Abhi.

abhiwhy

@abhi
you are using it for swing trading or intra ?
i use swing signal to get the direction of market ( for intraday ) , when previous high is broken i enter into long position(in intraday) , because in buy signal (price above atr) , script will try to make higher highs almost per day , similarly opposite is also true that is below atr price makes lower lows , so it will make lower lo after breaking previous lo.

if price do not breaks hi or lo (inside market ) i don't take any position using this technique , test it and judge it yourself and then tell me your findings .

karthik_sri

Thanks for the effort. Any set up need to be tested over a time. Your effort will help to build a stronger strategy.

What I observed from your excel sheet, almost all of the trades triggered before 12:00 PM.

Its a way of request. Can u post some backtesting results on Unitech.
I will do that this weekend and post the excel file...

Cheers,
Karthik