VKR's 4HL INTRADAY/SWING TRADE SETUP

rkkarnani

Hi...rkkarnani,

Ureka...I have found someone to share my ureka....
I have tested it bar by bar.
Maximum of 3 loosing trades in a row.
Maximum of 10 winning trades in a row.
Biggest loosing trade - 138 points
Biggest winning trade - 909 points
Maximum loss in a row 3 loosing trades - 236 points

I donot know....how to calculate drawdowns.
But one thing I have noted is it all started with 2 consecutive losses of 69 and 82 points. I have made a cumulative total of points made. For first 2 initial trades there was a negative balance of 151 points ie 7550.(Add brokerage and slippage to this figure). Thereafter, it never went into negative balance.

Thanks...rkk...for sharing my joy of ureka..
Great !!! it requires a tons of patience to do it bar by bar!!! Do share the Excel sheet of this testing for others to have a look and act as a confidence booster!!!
:clap:

rkkarnani

I noticed now, the setup you have analysed is no longer INTRADAY.... you are doing positional trades!!! Am I correct? Actually when I saw no. of trades as 83 in 21 months, i realised it is no longer about intraday!!! Okay will have to give a relook with this new perspective!! Thanks!!!
Great going indeed!!!

Mangafreakz

@Veluri
Thanks for your new swing strategy , like karthik said , it would be easier to understand if you can post any single example of trade or any chart , whichever suits you. Thank you.

veluri1967

First of all I want to thank all those who have shown interest in my backtesting findings of Nifty for Swing Trade. Few points I want to clarify on this as some of you have risen some doubts about it.

1. I have not traded in nifty so far. Its only backtesting on nifty index. It is not even Nifty futures. The data I have analysed is of nifty index. I strongly believe that Nifty futures resembles Nifty index in many ways and there is hardly any difference.

2. Some friends are still confused about how to handle Nifty futures on the expiry. Simple. Trade current months Nifty futures until 7 days before expiry. Use these 7 days only to close out your positions. Any fresh positions are to be taken only on next month's futures during these 7 days. I hope it is possible if I am not wrong. Please correct me if this is not possible. In order to avoid confusion, track Nifty Index simultaneously for possible trade signals.

3. Since this setup is based on breakout system. To protect capital I have already included a better stop loss in the set up. Its not the same on everyday and it keeps hovering as per last 4 days price. We have to give a room for the price to act on its own. For those who are reluctant to take a position without a predefined stoploss, my suggestion is to papertrade the setup for confidence booster.

4. For pictorial minds, I am attaching herewith a chart to show how to trade my swing trades.

Hope this much is enough to clear the doubts. However, if there exists still more doubts, please feel free to querry. Afterall, its all our combined efforts here which make this system robust and profitable.

Last edited:

Mangafreakz

THanks for the chart veluri. How much brokerage you are considering a roundtrip trade of 1 Nifty lot ?

Mangafreakz

Thanks Veluri. 7points is bit high , you can take 3 points for 1 round trip brokerage cost of nifty. RKglobal charges rs.9 per lot , which amounts to just about 2 points.
You strategy looks great , so you planning to trade this with Real money ?

rkkarnani

First of all I want to thank all those who have shown interest in my backtesting findings of Nifty for Swing Trade. Few points I want to clarify on this as some of you have risen some doubts about it.

1. I have not traded in nifty so far. Its only backtesting on nifty index. It is not even Nifty futures. The data I have analysed is of nifty index. I strongly believe that Nifty futures resembles Nifty index in many ways and there is hardly any difference.

2. Some friends are still confused about how to handle Nifty futures on the expiry. Simple. Trade current months Nifty futures until 7 days before expiry. Use these 7 days only to close out your positions. Any fresh positions are to be taken only on next month's futures during these 7 days. I hope it is possible if I am not wrong. Please correct me if this is not possible. In order to avoid confusion, track Nifty Index simultaneously for possible trade signals.

3. Since this setup is based on breakout system. To protect capital I have already included a better stop loss in the set up. Its not the same on everyday and it keeps hovering as per last 4 days price. We have to give a room for the price to act on its own. For those who are reluctant to take a position without a predefined stoploss, my suggestion is to papertrade the setup for confidence booster.

4. For pictorial minds, I am attaching herewith a chart to show how to trade my swing trades.

Hope this much is enough to clear the doubts. However, if there exists still more doubts, please feel free to querry. Afterall, its all our combined efforts here which make this system robust and profitable.
Sorry to say, but I am more confused than I was before this chart was posted! :confused:
Considering that we took 1st position of long above 8th Jan only(though we were in fact Long much before that)... our SL, i.e 4 days LL is hit on 10th, we go short on 11th, but why exit on 15th the place marked by you as" booked loss here" the 4 days HH LL was not breached!!??
Again the short has been covered around 23rd or 24th , there also the 4 days HH LL are not breached!!!
Please reply per your convenience!!!
Regards.
-R K Karnani

Last edited:

SwingKing

Keep up the good work guys :thumb:

Post the results when one trade's with real money. Will be interesting to learn from it.