Volume Profile and Market Profile a new wave of market picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipul_84

I was amazed by MP concepts, as here we rarely talk about TREND :D All we discuss is day opening , reaction to IB etc but not about trend anywhere. AM I right XRay bro?
While using this MP concepts, just don't ignore the following two points

1.Don’t bet big on any trade.

2.Use money management, nothing is more important to survival.

XRAY27

I was amazed by MP concepts, as here we rarely talk about TREND :D All we discuss is day opening , reaction to IB etc but not about trend anywhere. AM I right XRay bro?
Well ,weekly Va's are used for swing trading which will set as trend for daily and RF will be for positional trend and i'm using every thing !!!I could not adopt myself ST da way of swing trading so going with weekly MP,But beauty of MP theory is we can trade with previous days VA's

Last edited:

manish9300

Well ,weekly Va's are used for swing trading which will set as trend for daily and RF will be for positional trend and i'm using every thing !!!I could not adopt myself ST da way of swing trading so going with weekly MP,But beauty of MP theory is we can trade with previous days VA's
RF daily or RF 30 min for positional?

Vipul_84

NF broke out of IB but unable to hold that break out and again returned inside IB zone. What next, should it again come back to low of IB levels at 8800 or VPOC at 8752 :D ? Anyways lets wait. Any comments Xray, Manish Bro?

VA From 16 Sept 16,
8878-70-07
VPOC: 8870 , 8752
Today's open inside range, breached VAL formed IB at (8832 - 8798)and now waiting for 80% or AF :)

Vipul_84

Manishbhai can you explain little more this? DVA inside VA? Is this the sign of Sideways, then which are other signs of sideways market? YEsterday was a RED DAY for me, mildly red though.

VA From 16 Sept 16,
8878-70-07
VPOC: 8870 , 8752
Today's open inside range, breached VAL formed IB at (8832 - 8798)and now waiting for 80% or AF :)
I hope you noticed DVA inside VA.Market is sideways.

manish9300

Manishbhai can you explain little more this? DVA inside VA? Is this the sign of Sideways, then which are other signs of sideways market? YEsterday was a RED DAY for me, mildly red though.
Price action inside VA represents sideways market.(in my view).
Elongated DVA profile is seen when movement is vertical and market is trending while D shaped DVA profile is seen when movement is horizontal and market is sideways.Width of D is also important.On trend day D wont be wide,that is,only small D is seen in between single prints or vertical price action.Also developing Poc movement is important.DPoc moving to the center indicates sideways price action.

edit: Please read post no. 540.It tells about how market develops into sideways/trend in realtime.(Its really helpful when price action is outside VA.Inside VA its sideways anyways).Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.