Volume Profile and Market Profile a new wave of market picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisp

I wasn't asking for any coding help.But thanks for pointing out that code is not 100% accurate.Somehow I missed reading that line.:eek::).

What i wanted was that if you could check that Poc in your chart is also the highest frequency price.(I hope i am correct in saying that Poc = highest activity/frequency price).
If yes,then it can be concluded that data difference is the reason for getting different values,otherwise, it is an afl error.Anyways now that we are sure afl isnt perfect in plotting VAs ....advise given below is a real gem.:D

Very good advise Happy Singhji regarding multimodal distribution.:clapping:.
I think these were already covered in earlier discussions!

http://www.traderji.com/advanced-tr...le-new-wave-market-picture-6.html#post1171340

http://www.traderji.com/advanced-tr...e-new-wave-market-picture-12.html#post1171759

http://www.traderji.com/advanced-tr...e-new-wave-market-picture-19.html#post1172690

manish9300

manish9300

Happy Singji could you please draw the VAs on the trimodal profile given in the post no.651.Its the drawing for B and C which is not clear to me as there is no thin part in between B and C.Is it ok to combine B and C into one VA and then average the B and C to get the Poc?Please give your view?

Happy Singji could you please draw the VAs on the trimodal profile given in the post no.651.Its the drawing for B and C which is not clear to me as there is no thin part in between B and C.Is it ok to combine B and C into one VA and then average the B and C to get the Poc?Please give your view?
Please don't over complicate it, no need to apply any extra maths to it . . .

Go back to basics what is PoC, why does this so called PoC work in the first place . . .

During last trading day/week this (PoC) is the price point where maximum trades have taken place
so this price tends to attract more traders (price doesn't have memory but traders have)

Based the M/V Profiling theory the basic definition of auction Markets is as follows
"The Purpose of the Market is to facilitate trade" and as per this theory
the price will go where maximum trade facilitation is possible . . . i.e.
highly traded areas from previous trading sessions

Now for defining VA 70% of Volume/TPOs is a thumb rule . . . and the PoC is the Level at which
maximum volume is traded/time is spend/max market activity takes place . . .

There would be days when this is very clearly defined and
the maths part works out nicely into a well defined MP chart,
other days we have activity spread over the range.

Just keep observing how the price reacts at these levels / zones and the understanding will grow

Happy :)

XRAY27

I have presented whole theory of MP with my little understanding and used only to that extent which serves my purpose (Swing/Positional).after all i want to remove the" if "and "buts" in trading and it achieved my purpose ,It added Great edge to my intra also !!!

wisp

I have presented whole theory of MP with my little understanding and used only to that extent which serves my purpose (Swing/Positional).after all i want to remove the" if "and "buts" in trading and it achieved my purpose ,It added Great edge to my intra also !!!
Dear XRAY Bro, you are teaching us MP in a very simple and easy to understand manner with a lot of patience and a lot of info. Thanks a lot!!
You are an awesome teacher!! Thanks for the time and effort. MP is complex, you are passing your knowledge to us in a simple and easy to understand way. Thanks very very much.

manish9300

Please don't over complicate it, no need to apply any extra maths to it . . .
Happy :)
Yes Sir:D,extra maths does leads to overcomplication which is undesirable.I had my doubts about it so asked for your view.A better solution seem to me is to think of Poc more like a zone and not as lines in such situation.
Thanks for your kind reply:),
regards,
manish9300

VJAY

Dear xray bhai,
I gone through market profile long ago but unable to grab the things in it. ..but you made it as simple as any one can understand it's important points to use in trading which matters for traders.thanks a lot for this ...definitely it's have an edge in trading.but need to use this knowledge with their existing trading method. .....
Am waiting for some more about your positional trading :)

XRAY27

Yes Sir:D,extra maths does leads to overcomplication which is undesirable.I had my doubts about it so asked for your view.A better solution seem to me is to think of Poc more like a zone and not as lines in such situation.
Thanks for your kind reply:),
regards,
manish9300
if you are really interested, learn D and S and apply this MP except Market delta ....Ninja and ami have there own issues...even you use market delta we have to use it as zone not as line

MP=Time+price ..MP only intra/3 to 5 days swing..RF for more then a week position

VP=Price+volume....Vp is useful for catching positional stocks/multi baggers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.