VPS Share - Good broker... Better plans... Best pricing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

soft_trader

I have a question. Say I have 5 lots position in F&O, and in case my positions goes into loss and I have a margin shortfall less than equal to 1lot. If I don't square off 1 lot what will the RMS do?? All my positions will get squared off or only 1 lot will get squared off?

I have a question. Say I have 5 lots position in F&O, and in case my positions goes into loss and I have a margin shortfall less than equal to 1lot. If I don't square off 1 lot what will the RMS do?? All my positions will get squared off or only 1 lot will get squared off?
Hi,
If this is under MIS then RMS will square off position once your M2M hits 80%. In case these positions are in Normal then only 1 lot will be squared off as you still have margin for 4 lot with you and incase here also you hit 80% then RMS will square off your positions and you will be able to carry position for which you have margin.

happy trading,

Team VPS

soft_trader

Hi,
If this is under MIS then RMS will square off position once your M2M hits 80%. In case these positions are in Normal then only 1 lot will be squared off as you still have margin for 4 lot with you and incase here also you hit 80% then RMS will square off your positions and you will be able to carry position for which you have margin.

happy trading,

Team VPS
Thanks for that. I have another query. Say I have 1lakh in my trading account. I buy 1 lot each of Stock-A and Stock-B. Both are bought using NRML. Now assuming both occupies a margin of 45K each so total of 90K is blocked. The next day market wents down and I am in a margin shortfall, of say 20K. In this case which position will get squared off, Stock-A or Stock-B?? How does the RMS decides which one to squareoff? Is it a random decision?

Thanks for that. I have another query. Say I have 1lakh in my trading account. I buy 1 lot each of Stock-A and Stock-B. Both are bought using NRML. Now assuming both occupies a margin of 45K each so total of 90K is blocked. The next day market wents down and I am in a margin shortfall, of say 20K. In this case which position will get squared off, Stock-A or Stock-B?? How does the RMS decides which one to squareoff? Is it a random decision?
Hi,

While MIS positions are squared off using auto square off, normal positions are not. In above scenario position with larger M2M will be squared off. Though we expect that trader should decide this because even if these positions are carried by any chance, we report short margin to exchange and exchange charges the penalty as laid down that will be charged to the trader. Since these positions are in normal there is adequate safety with RMS unless the overall M2M hits 80%. We have alerts starting from 50% onwards and such positions are monitored continuously. Ideally trader should not let the trade go this way.

happy trading ,
Team VPS

poortrader

Hi,

While MIS positions are squared off using auto square off, normal positions are not. In above scenario position with larger M2M will be squared off. Though we expect that trader should decide this because even if these positions are carried by any chance, we report short margin to exchange and exchange charges the penalty as laid down that will be charged to the trader. Since these positions are in normal there is adequate safety with RMS unless the overall M2M hits 80%. We have alerts starting from 50% onwards and such positions are monitored continuously. Ideally trader should not let the trade go this way.

happy trading ,
Team VPS
Suppose there is a shortfall in overnight holding of nifty futures, because of a gap, will you give some time to client to put more margin through online transfer of funds, if yes how much time?

Suppose there is a shortfall in overnight holding of nifty futures, because of a gap, will you give some time to client to put more margin through online transfer of funds, if yes how much time?
Hi,

As mentioned if a trader falls short of margin due to gap up/down opening we hold their positions till M2M hits 80% so there is enough time for trader to transfer fund. If M2M loss is made up till 3 PM either market recovers or client puts in more margin then it is Ok. So a trader will get enough time to transfer fund.

happy trading,

Team VPS

Status
Not open for further replies.