WEBOTRON : Powerful Technical Analysis Software for non technical persons...

linkon7

hii friend unable to download it...it is interrupting..any problem with the site?
the download link is mentioned in the first post.... if it doesn work, kindly search the remaining post for updated download links...

friend...webtron is meant for nontechnical person..i have downloaded wbtron..so also..nse datadwnloader..but alas..i am a lay man..i dont know what is this RUN.BAT.i think i wont be able to use this webtron...friend can u help me?

linkon7

friend...webtron is meant for nontechnical person..i have downloaded wbtron..so also..nse datadwnloader..but alas..i am a lay man..i dont know what is this RUN.BAT.i think i wont be able to use this webtron...friend can u help me?
Bijoy,
There are no layman. Just people who havnt figured out how to look at the charts and find some meaningful information. Webotron will help u with that.
its advisable that u read about the charts and this forum is a good place to start. people are very helpful here.

The "run.bat" is a small program written to convert indian NSE data into the stocks that you want to analyze. it is there is the zip file mentioned in the first post. you need to download the equity historical data by using nsedownloader and put the downloaded files to the "input" folder inside the webotron folder. the list of stocks u want to analyse is detailed in a stock.txt file. add / subtract stocks in that file and then save it. run the run.bat file and it'll convert all the data into stocks.

Dear Mr.Linkon Sir,
I find Webtron to be a GREAT and Powerfull software. I wish to acknowledge your kind gesture in making it available to the members on this forum. I have been able to use the software without having to use the "run.bat" file and all that as by adding the NSE symbols of the stocks in the QuoteDownloader which downloads EOD data from Yahoo Finance i am able to make full use of the software.The kind of guidance it provides to a lay man from the reports it generates is simply marvelous.As for me undoubtedly it is guiding me in the right direction without the need for any prgramming/querying.When i cross check the analysis with the signals from BEST-CHRTS software i find that there is conformity most of the time. May be i am not making big gains but at least i am able to contain losses and make small gains at times.There is a great deal of comfort that i have been experiancing after using WEBTRON.May GOD bless you for this good gesture.

Regards,
Prakash

After seen pradosha message i also tried data from yahoo, it worked correctly. what he said is correct. But i am using amibroker from long back. Amibroker is very good software, but some features are good in webotron also. Trend, automatic trendlines and ressistances and support lines are easy to apply for all stocks in webotron and stock analysis reports also good. I personally prefer amibroker because of customizable screens and flexible/editable afl language, but webotron also good software for beginers.

linkon7

Dear Mr.Linkon Sir,
I find Webtron to be a GREAT and Powerfull software. I wish to acknowledge your kind gesture in making it available to the members on this forum. I have been able to use the software without having to use the "run.bat" file and all that as by adding the NSE symbols of the stocks in the QuoteDownloader which downloads EOD data from Yahoo Finance i am able to make full use of the software.The kind of guidance it provides to a lay man from the reports it generates is simply marvelous.As for me undoubtedly it is guiding me in the right direction without the need for any prgramming/querying.When i cross check the analysis with the signals from BEST-CHRTS software i find that there is conformity most of the time. May be i am not making big gains but at least i am able to contain losses and make small gains at times.There is a great deal of comfort that i have been experiancing after using WEBTRON.May GOD bless you for this good gesture.

Regards,
Prakash
The most simplest system works the best. Dont underestimate the software simply because its easier to use. I have migrated to amibroker and i still refer to webotron for a second opinion. Every stock has a different movement ( volatility) and all you have to do is find out which indicator works best on a particular stock. Webotron has a huge collection of indicators....

happy trading....

This is a very powerful technical analysis software.

How to get the data...?

I have modified it so that you can use it for NSE stocks.
There is a file "stocks.txt" which contains the list of all the stocks you want to monitor.

In the "input" folder download bhavcopy from www.nseindia.com. (take your mouse over the "equities" tab on www.nseindia.com, and click on "historical data", then click on "archives" in the window that opens and then you'll see a table. under equities select the bhavcopy and at the bottom of the page input the date. click "get" and 2 files appear on top of the screen. )download the file with an extension " .csv " (eg cm01APR2008bhav.csv) into the Input folder.

now repeat the process with all the dates you want to analyze.

alternately, you can download a software "nseDataDownloadersetup.exe" from http://www.bhavyait.co.in/resources/downloads.html. Use this software for downloading all the bhavcopy from a particular date to till date.

copy all the bhavcopy files into the input folder and then run "run.bat" file. it will convert all the bhavcopy files into stock.csv files into the quotes\daily folder.

now you can run the "Webotron Stocks.exe" program and start analysis.

I am not very good at documenting procedures and i am sure there will be plenty of queries . I will try to solve each to the best of my ability.

I will cover the analysis part and how to use this software in details in future posts.

Download links

I had uploaded the zipped file to
http://www.filefactory.com/file/agbc...Stocks1_20_rar
or

http:// rapidshare. com/files/221204174/Webotron_Stocks1.20.rar

please remove the space.

for downloading bhavcopy from nse, use this software

http://www.filecart.com/download/365...downloader.php

ps : special thanks to munde for egging me on to start this thread.
Dear sir,
I have downloaded the software it works nicly. Thanks a lot for sharing such a nice software. Keep updating us. I will be gratefull