WEBOTRON : Powerful Technical Analysis Software for non technical persons...

linkon7

hi linkon7,
i download file . i do step by step as u mention in first post .
but i will not convert nse bhavcopy into daily folder.
try editing the run.bat file with a notepad.
it'll show you the path where the input data folder is and where the output data folder should be.

set input.directory=/input/
set output.directory=/quotes/daily
set clear.output.directory=true

set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%.;classes
java -Dinput.directory="%input.directory%" -Doutput.directory="%output.directory%" -Dclear.output.directory="%clear.output.directory%" com.cosmos.Generator inputDirectory
pause

run.bat show this

linkon7

set input.directory=/input/
set output.directory=/quotes/daily
set clear.output.directory=true

set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%.;classes
java -Dinput.directory="%input.directory%" -Doutput.directory="%output.directory%" -Dclear.output.directory="%clear.output.directory%" com.cosmos.Generator inputDirectory
pause

run.bat show this
your input data is to be stored in a directory named input
you output data will be stored in a directory "daily" under the directory "quotes"

so all the bhavcopy goes into the input folder and once u run the run.bat file, a command prompt window should appear and convert the data into stocks for webotron and store them into the "quotes/daily" folder

aaplana

Re: how to view the graph

Dear Aaplana
try amibroker. Its paid and worth every paisa. the flexibility and hence the popularity amibroker has is more than most other TA softwares. I write my own codes there and use it for day trading.

But webotron is powerful. No doubting that. This software is more suitable for positional traders or investors. Most people who fall in this category dont like to spend hours developing codes and learning technicals. They rather have a report that details the result of most indicators and what they indicate. i had posted a screen short of reliance and the kind of report webotron generates. Its simplicity is its biggest asset and thats all some traders / investors wants.

I trade in nifty and i still use this to get a view on the market by tracking the top 16 stocks (70% of the total weight ) in nifty 50. I even posted the screen shots of the software the way i use it.
Thnks for the suggestion , now i m going for Amibroker .
Thnks:clapping:
Aaplana

linkon7

Thnks for the suggestion , now i m going for Amibroker .
Thnks:clapping:
Aaplana
I'll tell you a small story a mentor told me,
In the deepest forest of africa, everyday a gazelle wakes up and prays that he is able to run faster that the fastest lion or else he wont survive. Everyday a lion wakes up and prays that he is able to run faster than the slowest gazelle or else he'll go hungry and hence wont survive.

Morale of the story is that everyday, it doesnt matter if u r a lion or a gazelle. the lion is not competing with the gazelle or vice versa. they are competing with themselves. they have to be a little better than they were a day before or else they wont survive.

Aaplana, You have to better yourself everyday if u want to survive in this market. i think migrating to amibroker will help u better your TA in the coming days.

Last edited:

aaplana

I'll tell you a small story a mentor told me,
In the deepest forest of africa, everyday a gazelle wakes up and prays that he is able to run faster that the fastest lion or else he wont survive. Everyday a lion wakes up and prays that he is able to run faster than the slowest gazelle or else he'll go hungry and hence wont survive.

Morale of the story is that everyday, it doesnt matter if u r a lion or a gazelle. the lion is not competing with the gazelle or vice versa. they are competing with themselves. they have to be a little better than they were a day before or else they wont survive.

Aaplana, You have to better yourself everyday if u want to survive in this market. i think migrating to amibroker will help u better your TA in the coming days.
Thanks for the story and advice.
Now i m with Ami, it is really a marvelous TA Soft, and yaa very very fast then what i was working with Fibo, and much much much Powerfull and its capability is amazing , i m just amazed with the beauti of the Ami.
Once again thanks bcos its only u who inspire me to go with it.
Aaplana