Wolfe Waves

Some useful addition to WW concept by pratapvb (in Ravi's thread)

Anatomy of a Good WW

Of course I do not draw these many lines and do this many analysis but am able to now see a good WW by eye-balling only.
But thought will present the structure here using a good WW example so that interested people can practice to perfection.
Also note that all WWs are not perfect. Some market distortions are always there is all technical patterns.

Some known distortions
1. 5 may fail withing the wick of 3 like a virtual high or loww
2. target may stop at pt 4 with a high vol confirmation
3. pt 5 might break and fail within a short time giving a 7pt WW
4. An ascending Triangle can behave like a WW if it gives a BO failure....though the 1-3-5 line may be nearly flat
5. sometimes 4 may almost reach the parallel through 2 making it appear like a channel....In fact the closer it appear to that parallel the stronger the opposing force to the trend
6. and many more that I may not be aware of

And as you can see BNF5 8th July 2011 WW was a perfect WW with all conditions met and good structure

pratapvb

Anatomy of a Good WW

Of course I do not draw these many lines and do this many analysis but am able to now see a good WW by eye-balling only.
But thought will present the structure here using a good WW example so that interested people can practice to perfection.
Also note that all WWs are not perfect. Some market distortions are always there is all technical patterns.

Some known distortions
1. 5 may fail withing the wick of 3 like a virtual high or loww
2. target may stop at pt 4 with a high vol confirmation
3. pt 5 might break and fail within a short time giving a 7pt WW
4. An ascending Triangle can behave like a WW if it gives a BO failure....though the 1-3-5 line may be nearly flat
5. sometimes 4 may almost reach the parallel through 2 making it appear like a channel....In fact the closer it appear to that parallel the stronger the opposing force to the trend
6. and many more that I may not be aware of

And as you can see BNF5 8th July 2011 WW was a perfect WW with all conditions met and good structure