Your suggestions please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunil

Hello Sir,

On weekends, I normally surf this forum to seek more knowledge & wisdom about trading - the ones which keep the desire to learn more & thus, a never-ending process.
Market is the real guru & experienced traders are the guiding light on our learning path to meet the guru & get acquainted with it.

While surfing this forum, I come across many posts which I feel like treasuring them & refer to them when in need. Some posts are in a series of conversations & so, one will have to read the whole thing in context of the discussion matter going on.

I came across one feature available in "Economic Times" website. At the beginning of each article, one has various options like Print, Email, Discuss, Comment, Share & SAVE...
This SAVE Article feature is the one which I feel should be available to the registered members of this forum.
It does not saves the whole article, but only the link to that article & the Headline of the article becomes its reference.

I am attaching some snapshots of the said feature:

here are the various options against an article. We click on Save button.

After clicking save button, a pop up box confirms that article has been saved. Also provides a link to the main list of Saved Articles:

Here's the look of SAVED ARTICLES box. It gives the headline of the article, along with the date of the article. Also options like deletion & email:

For our forum:
1. We do not have any headline for every post. So, obviously the default headline would be the thread's name. But one should have the option of changing the reference name to a suitable title going with the content of the post.

2. The SAVED LIST should also have "DATE" & "POSTING MEMBER'S NAME" for more info to the saved post.
This will help in identifying the relevant post for information needed.

3. If suggestion 2 is not possible, then suggestion 1 is needed - so that, atleast while saving, we can type in content, date & posting member's name as the headline of the saved post, for refernce.

Because the list will save only links to the posts and it will have only reference titles, I guess it should not be a burden on your server.
Also, one should be able to sort the list as per either "CONTENT" or "DATE" or "POSTING MEMBER'S NAME".

All these steps will make sure that there is a logical advantage in having this facility; otherwise the built-in "bookmark" facility in every browser is as it is available.

See if such a facility can be incorporated in the already useful features list like "Subscribed threads", "Personal messages' etc.

S

sunil kalani

you will not appreciate this but i request you to change the colour setting of this programme to light parrot green or light yellow with black slight touch and watch the difference of look as existing colour give very dull outlook. just give a try and watch first and then feel what i mean really.

S

sunil kalani

you will not appreciate this but i request you to change the colour setting of this programme to light parrot green or light yellow with black slight touch and watch the difference of look as existing colour give very dull outlook. just give a try and watch first and then feel what i mean really.

Dear Traderji
I am a fan of Traderji, who guide all traders and analysts without any financial interest
I love this community
But, I have a complaint for u
Some one had replied me on my Amibroker Crash Recovery Error problem at below link:
http://www.traderji.com/amibroker/14161-amibroker-help-you-6.html
But today I found that answer disappeared from here.
I think there are some persons on the board who doesn't want to help other
I hope you will find and restrict them
And I also want to know the name of the gentleman who replied me satisfactorily
A reply for my problem from that gentleman was as under:

Close AmiBroker if it is running. Try each step, one at a time - proceeding from step 1 to step 4
1) Rename default database directory and try to run AmiBroker, if it works it means that some files inside this database are corrupted.
2) Delete or rename all DEFAULT.AWL files that you can find on your disk and try to run AmiBroker. (.AWL files are created inside "Layouts" subfolder of main AmiBroker database and "Layout" subfolders of each database directory ).
3) Rename broker.charts and broker.bcharts files (in AmiBroker directory) and try to run AmiBroker
4) Rename default.layout file (in AmiBroker directory) and try to run AmiBroker.
--tkamal

U

uasish

Dear Traderji
I am a fan of Traderji, who guide all traders and analysts without any financial interest
I love this community
But, I have a complaint for u
Some one had replied me on my Amibroker Crash Recovery Error problem at below link:
But today I found that answer disappeared from here.
I think there are some persons on the board who doesn't want to help other
I hope you will find and restrict them
And I also want to know the name of the gentleman who replied me satisfactorily
A reply for my problem from that gentleman was as under:

Close AmiBroker if it is running. Try each step, one at a time - proceeding from step 1 to step 4
1) Rename default database directory and try to run AmiBroker, if it works it means that some files inside this database are corrupted.
2) Delete or rename all DEFAULT.AWL files that you can find on your disk and try to run AmiBroker. (.AWL files are created inside "Layouts" subfolder of main AmiBroker database and "Layout" subfolders of each database directory ).
3) Rename broker.charts and broker.bcharts files (in AmiBroker directory) and try to run AmiBroker
4) Rename default.layout file (in AmiBroker directory) and try to run AmiBroker.
--tkamal
The edit button can ONLY be used by the person who has posted or by Moderators,in this case NO moderator will edit ,may be the person himself edited.Plz be assured Moderators never edit these type of Helpfull posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.