Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

Hey do you have a proprietary trading desk? Do you intend to use 60 day challange for searching oustanding performers in this challenge for your proprietry desk.
Trading is a job of skill, similar to a sport or an art.

But unlike a sport or an art, which you can spot by travelling, there is no real way to spot trading talent.

The biggest challenge also for a good trader today is being undercapitalized. Unless you hit a jackpot, not access to enough capital would eventually kill a very talented trader also. A person has 1 lk in the account, he consistently makes 5% a month which is brilliant. But 5% is just Rs 5000, will probably cover only the internet, phone and data feed cost. So what he does is over trades and eventually ends up losing.

The challenge gives us a good opportunity to spot talent which would otherwise be hiding, and we have already lined up 3 trading/hedge funds who are ready to use this as a first round screener for their hiring process. There are 4500 people taking the challenge as of now.

saakk

hi zerodha,

Is trading through "price ladder" allowed by zerodha?

thankx

Hi

How is it possible that stop loss price triggered even if the Trigger price is not reached , It happened twice,

1) Around 9:47 AM today , I entered a SL order to seel Nifty with trigger price of 5620 , it got excecuted between 9:48-9:50 , i will send you exact timestamp when i receive my contract note.

2) Same thing happend between 10 and 10:05 AM , when i entered another sell order with trigger of 5626 , it executed while price broke 5626 after 10:05 AM.

I was continously looking at the ticks on NEST trader, i then checked with NSE site and data providers , they all show the same thing which my own chart was showing that price never reached trigger during my stated time.

Can you throw some light on this?

i will append my contract note to this post in evening.

Thanks
Sunny

Zerodha

Hi

How is it possible that stop loss price triggered even if the Trigger price is not reached , It happened twice,

1) Around 9:47 AM today , I entered a SL order to seel Nifty with trigger price of 5620 , it got excecuted between 9:48-9:50 , i will send you exact timestamp when i receive my contract note.

2) Same thing happend between 10 and 10:05 AM , when i entered another sell order with trigger of 5626 , it executed while price broke 5626 after 10:05 AM.

I was continously looking at the ticks on NEST trader, i then checked with NSE site and data providers , they all show the same thing which my own chart was showing that price never reached trigger during my stated time.

Can you throw some light on this?

i will append my contract note to this post in evening.

Thanks
Sunny
SL - limit or market?

Status
Not open for further replies.